< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pat Flynn for US Senate?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Pat Flynn for US Senate?
« on: May 09, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
http://www.patflynnforsenate.org/issues/

Tom Becka is talking to Pat Flynn on the radio. He played a clip of Flynn questioning Brunning about some campaign contributors that seem fishy. Bruning's answer was super wishy washy and rather annoying. If someone has the audio clip, please post it.

Does anyone know anything about Pat Flynn?

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Pat Flynn for US Senate?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
http://www.patflynnforsenate.org/issues/

Tom Becka is talking to Pat Flynn on the radio. He played a clip of Flynn questioning Brunning about some campaign contributors that seem fishy. Bruning's answer was super wishy washy and rather annoying. If someone has the audio clip, please post it.

Does anyone know anything about Pat Flynn?

Last poll I seen had him at 13%. 

I've thrown my support behind Sen. Fischer, who is currently in a statistical tie with Bruning in a recent poll.

http://www.debfischer2012.com/2012/05/fischer-surging-in-new-poll-releases-new-tv-ad/
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:09:25 AM »
Pat took me to lunch right after his last Senate run.  He is an outstanding guy and would be an outstanding Senator.  Problems for him are 1) The Repubican (yes, I spelled it this way) Elite are not going to get behind him, 2) no name recognition, 3) Single and never been married (which sometimes factors in), and 4) no "experience" in politics (which for me is a good thing as if it is supposed to make you magically a better "leader").

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:30:24 AM »
I'm feeling pretty good about Deb too.

Political experience to me is a negative. I want someone with no experience. They make it sound like functioning in a government role is difficult... BS. Any one of us could handle those jobs without a problem. Now, lets talk about how difficult working in the private sector can be.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »
Nick I think you found the problem, there isn't enough of "us" doing that job, so it falls to the profesional politicians.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
I sat with Mr. Flynn at the banquet last month and had a very interesting conversation with him.  The one thing that stuck out was that his platform is "leadership".  That it.  No details about his experience that would indicate that he would be a good leader.  When all the veterans were asked to stand, he did not, so no leadership skills there.  He did mention several times his faith and how it has applied to his life.

He's a business man, which is a good thing, but does not seem to have a clearly defined direction, just sort of a "That a-way" thing.  He also seemed to be leaning on his religious background quite a bit, which for me is a detraction in a candidate.  I like my candidates to be concentrating on a political direction, not a religious one.   Sorry, he just rubs me the wrong way.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX