< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW Denied any hope?  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Re: CCW Denied any hope?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
Kingballs

Question, did you answer Yes or No. On the permit application question?

"Have you ever had any violations of any law relating to firearms, unlawful use of a weapon, or controlled substances in Nebraska or any other jurisdiction in the past ten (10) years? (Violations which disqualify include felonies, misdemeanors, infractions and violations of city ordinances)."

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:23:39 PM by Randy »
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »
Quote from: SemperFiGuy on Yesterday at 08:01:38 AM
If............

A Citizen can't learn and obey the rules,

then

That Citizen has no business walking around with a handgun concealed on his person.

No Business at All.
sfg

so you're trying to say that someone who smoked a little grass back in the day shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun?  Then we better start yanking LEO's off the streets.

I guess the charge i got 15 years ago should bar me from ever carrying a gun? Never mind the fact that i am now a Firefighter, a nationally registered EMT, and a former serviceman.

Sorry, i don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but there is this tiny little chance that people can CHANGE. I'm a prime example, headed for jail or a dirt nap by the age of 15.

My thoughts exactly, GSD.  Not everyone has been a perfect angel their whole lives. 

I've been known to disobey a law or rule years ago, I'll admit I break the speed limit every single day.  Maybe I'd better turn in my CCW permit and heck, why not all my guns too!

Thank goodness we have some members that are much better people than I.  Maybe I shouldn't even be a NFOA member.  Maybe we need to contact the many hundreds of NFOA members that I signed up an tell them their NFOA membership is VOID since I'm not GOOD ENOUGH to carry a gun, and therefore not good enough to sign people up to be a NFOA member.

Perhaps Mr. SemperFiGuy would like to come take my guns from me since I appear in his eyes to be unworthy?   Hmmmm?   

I suggest you     ^^^    think about what you have said, and take a good, long, hard look at yourself,  before you judge others you know NOTHING about.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
I hope no one uncovers my past
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »

I've been known to disobey a law or rule years ago, I'll admit I break the speed limit every single day.  Maybe I'd better turn in my CCW permit and heck, why not all my guns too!

Sounds good, Rick, you set all dem Marlins outside the door, and I will be by later. No Questions Asked (I wanna be like OPD when I grow up ;) )

I hope me post did not come off rude, I only meant that the OP should not fight it and let it ride out, unless there is some extreme circumstance in which he feels he needs protection, which was sort of insinuated. And the part about staying clean, I hope the OP has already learned that lesson and took my response as I intended it. I won't go into my own personal feelings on the legality and such as it is not the issue here.
I wish the OP would come back and answer some questions that have been raised and allow us to follow with him on this journey, should he decide to fight the ticket/ conviction, which ever it was. And maybe allow any help in dealing with any security issue he may have.
Lot's of great people here, despite our conflicting opinions.  :kiss:

( and Dan, no one wants to dig into YOUR sorrid past  :-[)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 07:41:58 PM »
( and Dan, no one wants to dig into YOUR sorrid past  :-[)

Well, let's just say I won't be running for public office as a Republican, but as a Democrat I could be President :kiss:
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »
FarmerRick

I'm not gonna come and take your guns.

All those Gnarly Old Kimbers, Remingtons, Colts, Glocks, CZs, SIGs, .....etc., etc., etc.    Got no room for them anywhere.

But If I Don't Obey the Rules and You Don't Obey the Rules..........

Guess Wot??

Somebody else will come and take them from both of us.

And You Gotta Obey the Rules, or You Won't be Able to Get Guns in the First Place.

Least, that's the way it was always put to me.

The Forum is a Wunnerful Place to Express All of these Various Opinions.

Cordially,

sfg
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:03:34 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Kingballs

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »
I love this fourm. Only 1 dip sh** out the whole group pretty good odds! Thanks all for the replies the only thing on my record is the weed ticket thats it. I had a problem some year back and was denied my purchase permit over the same issue. Guess what I appealed went to court and won the case. So I ask myself for a man that owns class 3 weapons dose not even drink alcohol and has not smoked pot in over 8 years should I appeal this too? Well hell yes date is set for 5/31 and is only the 6th appeal of the year for ccw in the state. Will I loose more then likely but I will fight my hardest for my due right as a citizen of the USA. Most surrounding states and 3/4 of the states Nebraska has ccw compliance with has a 3 year run out on such charges its funny. I well let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31:34 PM »
Yeah, but we not running for Pres here Dan. I mean you can bully girls, sleep with any woman you want, married or not,  heck you don't even have to have read the Constitution, let alone understand it or even be a 'Merican.
Now if you want to own, or worse, CARRY and Firearm, you be clean cut, a proven American Citizen (in some locals), never having made any poor judgments in life, never lifted a hand in anger to anyone, and then, maybe then, big brother will 'allow' you to play, but only with the little guns so you don't scare the other children...
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
Thanx for the reply back, Kingballs.
Do you mean to tell me that Nebraska's CCW laws are even more stringent than the Federal Class 3 weapons criterea? I knew it was more than other states, but Tha's crazy man.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »
Well, let's just say I won't be running for public office as a Republican, but as a Democrat I could be President :kiss:

Were your dogs named Bob and Marley?   ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
There was an effort to get this rolled back this last session, but it fell short like a lot of other things. If I recall there was a lot of support to roll it back to 7 years and some were wanting to go further, except for the road blocks in the judiciary committee. Maybe Andy recalls the details as I do not
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Kingballs

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »
Yes Nebraska CCW is more stringent then the NFA regulations for class 3!

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »
SemperFiGuy, very easily you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and you could lose your "unalienable" rights.  It can happy to anyone and you might not have any control over it..  Perhaps he was in a car with a friend who had it in there?

1 year seems like an ok thing to wait for.  I had to wait 5.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »
SemperFiGuy, very easily you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and you could lose your "unalienable" rights.  It can happy to anyone and you might not have any control over it.
Skydve76:

You are entirely correct.

This Situation Happened Here;

Gentleman from North Omaha comes to my CHP class.   Lives in bad neighborhood.   Lotsa crime.   Wants to protect himself, family.  However, some time ago a drug perp whom he barely knew was being pursued by LEOs.

Perp runs into This Guy's house.
   So did LEOs.   After the catch, LEO asks, "Any guns here?"   My guy is an honest guy.   Says, "Yes".    LEO says, "Lemme see."   Guy shows.   LEO runs serial numbers.   Guess Wot:   Not registered in Omaha.

My Guy gets ticketed.
   Firearms violation.    LEO keeps gun.   Nice semi-automatic; cost the Guy his last dollar.    Plus fine & court fees.   That event was seven years ago.   Went through NE CHP appeal process.   Denied.   Guy now has to wait three more years for CHP.

Then there's that strange Nebraska law which says any gun in a vehicle not assignable to any one occupant therefore belongs to all occupants.

Then there's the requirement for that little blue Firearms Purchase Permit.    First handgun I ever bought, went into a store and paid $37.50 across the counter for a Ruger MK I.    Gave money; got gun.   Showed no ID, driver's licence, blue card, nuthin'.   No Form 4473.   2A protections much weaker now.

Lots of unfairness directed toward firearms and firearms owners.

sfg
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:40:19 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »
Aww geee.... now I just feel sad. We need a happy gun story now, I need to start my day off on a good footing.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
Nine years is soooo long. Can't someone commit rape and get through the punishment period quicker? Geez!

What is the relationship between rape (a real crime with a real victim) and possession of some prohibited substance (an act that is a crime only because government decided to prohibit it)?

Comparing possession of marijuana to rape is patently ridiculous. If anything, the better comparison would be between (1) rape and (2) the kidnapping and enslavement of peaceful people by the dim-witted thugs who enforce anti-marijuana laws, since all of those acts involve the use of aggressive violence against an undeserving victim.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:57:37 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »
What is the relationship between rape (a real crime with a real victim) and possession of some prohibited substance (an act that is a crime only because government decided to prohibit it)?

Comparing possession of marijuana to rape is patently ridiculous. If anything, the better comparison would be between (1) rape and (2) the kidnapping and enslavement of peaceful people by the dim-witted thugs who enforce anti-marijuana laws, since all of those acts involve the use of aggressive violence against an undeserving victim.

Okay, time for me to eat some crow. I just saw this from NENick:

I just re-read my post and now it doesn't make any sense to me... What I was getting at is - a nine year block on getting a permit because of pot sure seems extreme.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
The law is the law...and until we get rid of the lawyers who make the laws (that seem to benefit many of them or their agendas in some form or fashion) we must obey or suffer.....

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
I hope no one uncovers my past
you know the donkey prostitution ring was going to catch up to you sooner or later

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »
I love this fourm. Only 1 dip sh** out the whole group pretty good odds!

Nice...  ::) I don't think that was necessary. He's voicing his opinion. Because it isn't in agreement with yours doesn't make him a dip****. In fact, I've found him to be a pretty helpful guy in the time I've been a member here. Maybe step back a minute and realize that not everyone is going to agree with you and that it'll be ok. He wasn't rude, he was straightforward. Don't get the two confused.

That which does not kill us was not trained properly.