< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW Denied any hope?  (Read 6510 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: CCW Denied any hope?
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
Nice...  ::) I don't think that was necessary. He's voicing his opinion. Because it isn't in agreement with yours doesn't make him a dipguano. In fact, I've found him to be a pretty helpful guy in the time I've been a member here. Maybe step back a minute and realize that not everyone is going to agree with you and that it'll be ok. He wasn't rude, he was straightforward. Don't get the two confused.

+1.

I always thought an Armed Society was to be a polite Society.......

What is the relationship between rape (a real crime with a real victim) and possession of some prohibited substance (an act that is a crime only because government decided to prohibit it)?

The difference is who gets hurt:  Rape hurts an individual, which to the .gov, is pretty inconsequential.  Possesion of a controlled substance hurts the .gov's control .... which the .gov takes VERY seriously.  Heaven help you if you ever do anything to damage or circumvent the .gov's tax system! 
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: CCW Denied any hope?
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 01:55:15 PM »
+1.

I always thought an Armed Society was to be a polite Society.......

The difference is who gets hurt:  Rape hurts an individual, which to the .gov, is pretty inconsequential.  Possesion of a controlled substance hurts the .gov's control .... which the .gov takes VERY seriously.  Heaven help you if you ever do anything to damage or circumvent the .gov's tax system! 

Someone's been reading Heinlein again.

A. E. van Vogt I believe wrote a short novel about a society where those who chose to go unarmed had to wear a badge of some kind.   Imagine a society like that....  :D

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX