< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open Carry  (Read 5041 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Open Carry
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
What Pincus was "arguing" was that OC was banned BECAUSE of those doing it in what was an attempt to thumb their proverbial nose at the CA Assembly i.e. OC picnics, gatherings, etc.  He is not saying they did not have the right to do it.  Yes, I (he)...I think we all know they are terdy Libs.  His point is they pushed in an attempt to make a point and the Assemblymen pushed back with a bigger stick and won (for now).  His point again was the undue attention one may or will draw to themselves which RIGHT OR WRONG may have an unintended negative consequence....then get out the checkbook if you want to go to court. 

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »
Lorimor it was the hollow gun fighter look in your eyes when you swaggered down main street that intimidated him.....

3 lbs of iron on my hip accentuates my swagger.   I can't help it.  :)  More likely, my very low profile blaze orange Pistol Training.com t-shirt what sez "Drop 200 lbs Fast" on the back might be a tip off.   Fortunately, I only wear that shirt when I'm on a special operations run to Walmart.  Otherwise, I dress a little flashier.  :)

Again, the Chief made the statement that those who openly carry will be "detained and questioned." 

Whatever that means. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:53:23 PM by Lorimor »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
Here is a FACT about what one open carry demonstration has done for NE.

Two guys "open carried" rifles across the UNL East campus several years back to a Republican rally.

This was pre- NE CHP days, and had nothing to do with Concealed Carry.... However Senator Bill Avery used this story of these two guys carrying rifles across campus to ban concealed carry on college campuses. And it passed with flying colors in the Unicam with Avery's deception.

The guys who did this to "make a statement", made a stupid decision that day in my opinion

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »
Why on earth would you NOT want everyone to gaze at the beauty of that magnificent Glock of yours?

;)

Bahahahahahaha!!!
I hadn't seen your reply but even as I typed it I KNEW you'd say that! And for those who don't know what he's talking about, my "avatar" is also my day to day carry piece. :-)
Ugly as sin. That's why I don't OC. Not really, but it IS ugly. :-)
That which does not kill us was not trained properly.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
Hey Yo, it's unique. It sure won't get mixed up with all them other cookie-cutter glocks.  (like the same reason I paint my tools at work pink or neon green. no one else will try to claim them  :P)

I have refrained form comments as most know my stance.  But I ,too, believe that the OC rallies sure as heck did not help the cause any. That's why I cringe even at the empty holster campaigns utilizing drop legs and such. That's sending the wrong message to the powers that be and society.
I tend to OC when hunting of fishing. but when I am among the sheep, I tend to prefer not to stir the flock.
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »
3 lbs of iron on my hip accentuates my swagger.   I can't help it.  :)  More likely, my very low profile blaze orange Pistol Training.com t-shirt what sez "Drop 200 lbs Fast" on the back might be a tip off.   Fortunately, I only wear that shirt when I'm on a special operations run to Walmart.  Otherwise, I dress a little flashier.  :)

Again, the Chief made the statement that those who openly carry will be "detained and questioned." 

Whatever that means.

This summer when I am at the Columbus Wal-Mart I will be on the look out for that shirt...

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »
This summer when I am at the Columbus Wal-Mart I will be on the look out for that shirt...

They have a BLACKOPSDELTASEAL express checkout line there.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
LOL.

My wife bought me this shirt for my birthday last year.  I really only wear it out to the range or when I'm around other gun cranks, because again I don't want to draw too much attention to myself.