< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Heather Dougherty  (Read 1769 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Heather Dougherty
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »
Just before midnight last night, Heather Dougherty passed away in Lincoln.  Many of you knew her from the many matches she, her husband Joel and her father Russ Bohaty attended.  Joel contacted a few us to let us know she "went to heaven very peacefully".  She will be sorely missed.  Please pray for her family and Joel in the days ahead.

As an aside, thank you all of you who attended our benefit matches at Thunder Alley the last two nights.  What a blessing as we raised nearly $1500.00 for a tribute to Heather. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:22:16 PM by bullit »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: Heather Dougherty
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »
She was often shooting at every Rock Your Glock, Rockin Thunder and Thunder Alley IDPA match

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:05:53 PM »
She was often shooting at every Rock Your Glock, Rockin Thunder and Thunder Alley IDPA match

Not only that, she shot well too! 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
This saddens me deeply, but knowing the story behind it I am also glad she did not suffer.

She was a wonderful person, and a pure joy to be around, as is usually the case with those taken from us too soon.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
Damn... So sorry for your loss Joel. I understand what it means to lose your wife and I will be praying for you and your family.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »
Very sad that such a healthy living and active person could pass at such a young age.  I feel for Joel and the rest of her loved ones. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »
Heathers service is 2pm Saturday  - Butherus  40 th  &  A.    Recommend  early arrival

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
It might be appropriate............

that someone who knew her well would do a brief written tribute for publication in the IDPA Tactical Journal.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer