< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: North Platte city parks and Ord. 93.05  (Read 14681 times)

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
Re: North Platte city parks and Ord. 93.05
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:52 AM »
Sorry for the delay in posting. Have been getting the run around lately! Have a appointment with the Mayor this morning. Looking more likely this is the work of one person in a lofty office. Will post when more info is known. Thanks

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »
Thanks for being persistent.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 07:24:46 AM »
Husker_Fan...  you raise an interesting perspective.  Some examples I am familiar with...a few volunteer fire departements that post no carry.  Ceresco village hall posts no carry...  interesting, interesting.....
Under the statute, I think they can ban carry in areas that are otherwise off limits to CHP holders. That may include the Village Hall (if it has a courtroom or there is a government board meeting going on).

Offline gibbs459

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »
Well Chuck, whats happening with this? Last I looked the signs are still up. What did the Mayor have to say?

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Well Chuck, whats happening with this? Last I looked the signs are still up. What did the Mayor have to say?
In a nut shell, I got tossed under the bus! But thats okay, I have contacted city council members who are not happy with being left out of this process. I will also be speaking at the end of the city council meeting on the 19th. The meeting is at 5:30 instead of 7:30 normal time. Attn. all North Platte folks. If you live inside the city limits of North Platte, please attend meeting. I have been told many plan to show. I also had a nice talk with the individual who is running against Mayor Kaschke. Dewight Livingston. His Wife is a concealed permit holder. As things progress, will let you know. Thanks

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
I never know who to vote for mayor.  They pretty much say the same lies with lowering taxes.   But if livingston wife has permit.   I might just vote for him.     I was driving around waiting for appt.  The signs are still up.  A  few have rain damage.  Ink is smeared.   
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:48:09 PM by cracked junior »

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »
I never know who to vote for mayor.  They pretty much say the same lies with lowering taxes.   But if livingston wife has permit.   I might just vote for him.     I was driving around waiting for appt.  The signs are still up.  A  few have rain damage.  Ink is smeared.   
Got guys generating lists of names who are not happy  with this. If you live in np, be at city council  meeting  at 5:30 on the 19th.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 06:43:36 PM »
Try and get SEN Hanson on board.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 12:01:01 AM »
Try and get SEN Hanson on board.

Already talked to his office. I even called the NRA-ILA and asked them to see if Toby Keith would say something about it at his concert on the 22nd. He being a concealed carry supporter! A quick little jab would go a long way! Trying to cover every angle I can. Thanks bullit.

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
I went to the rodeo tonight.  I was surprised not to see any signs up.   I think rodeo would fall under sporting event.    I wasnt packing since i was planning on drinking but at 5 bucks a beer.  I had one.  . 

I will try to make the meeting.  And tell others.   

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »
I went to the rodeo tonight.  I was surprised not to see any signs up.   I think rodeo would fall under sporting event.    I wasnt packing since i was planning on drinking but at 5 bucks a beer.  I had one.  . 

I will try to make the meeting.  And tell others.   
Also, contact your city council person. Ask them to support removal of signs. We need one more to side with us. Please have others contact theirs also. Ask those you enlist to be calm but firm when speaking about your concealed carry rights. It helps to have some talking points already written down prior to the call. Thanks

Offline birddogne

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
Live outside of town by the lake, but will still try to make the meeting.

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 06:58:46 PM »
Theres a text message going around with the ward council members information.   I think i can make it if i remember to wake up.  Midnight worker here.   Just have to remember to tell everyone no carrying at the meeting.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
Theres a text message going around with the ward council members information.   I think i can make it if i remember to wake up.  Midnight worker here.   Just have to remember to tell everyone no carrying at the meeting.
I`m glad that text made it around. Trying to get everyone to call their city councilman. My phone number is 308-650-0745. Hope you and others can make the meeting. Send me a text if you have any questions. Chuck

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »
Live outside of town by the lake, but will still try to make the meeting.
Hope to see you there.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »
I live in Lincoln so I won't be there to support you guys, but I just wanted to say it sounds like you're doing a great job.  Keep up the good work.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
I've thought about going. I'd have to leave Omaha around 1pm and get back real late. If a couple others wanted to go and share gas expenses,I have a Taurus with ice cold A/C. If I was the only one from eastern Ne. interested,I may bail out. Perhaps, if the North Platte government sees they are drawing statewide attention,they may be a little less cavalier.  RJ

If anyone else wanted to go,but would prefer driving,I'd help with the fuel.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:36:35 AM by omaharj »

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »
Chuck,  got your number in my phone.   Are there any plans or ideas we need ahead of time?  So we don't show up lost infront of the council.   

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
I've thought about going. I'd have to leave Omaha around 1pm and get back real late. If a couple others wanted to go and share gas expenses,I have a Taurus with ice cold A/C. If I was the only one from eastern Ne. interested,I may bail out. Perhaps, if the North Platte government sees they are drawing statewide attention,they may be a little less cavalier.  RJ

If anyone else wanted to go,but would prefer driving,I'd help with the fuel.
Thanks for the support from out your way. Of course you are welcome to show, but I would hold off and save the gas! Our overzealous city attorney got a call from the NRA friday! Yes, I gave them a ring. Anyway, he is telling all the city council people who are being bombarded at home that a city parks employee posted the signs! Some serious posturing going on right now! I suspect this will remedy itself soon! If not I will welcome all the help I can get! Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:36:57 AM by chuckm »

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
Chuck,  got your number in my phone.   Are there any plans or ideas we need ahead of time?  So we don't show up lost infront of the council.   
If you would like to speak also, I welcome it. We will probably only have a couple minutes each. I`m hoping this may resolve itself as you can see from my reply to omaharj. I still need all of the local people I can get to show up with disgusted looks on their faces!!!! If this does go the way of the trash bin , I want them to think twice before ever trying something like this again! Thanks