< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: North Platte city parks and Ord. 93.05  (Read 14686 times)

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
Re: North Platte city parks and Ord. 93.05
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »
Dan, I gotta tell you. I haven`t  been this impressed with so many people since Desert Storm!

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »
NE Bull. I first saw your Susan B Anthony quote a couple months ago. Between that and Warren vs DC, I have found there are few better talking points when speaking with Ladies. I have two Grandaughters myself, one is seven and the youngest six mos. Both of my little gals will be instructed in firearms safety and self defense, along with training in Martial Arts. Just wanted to let you know, that quote you have at the bottom, has made a difference. Chuck

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
I asked the Chief of Police here in Wymore, also my neighbor, about walking in the City Park, he said no, then I refered him to the quoted 18-1703 Statue....  He and another policeman here in town have refered a couple of people to me about CCW laws and procedures, so just to make sure I went today to the city attorney, and after looking up the statue agreed the park is open, except when football, baseball games or other schools events were happening...

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »
North Platte city council meeting tonight. Vote was 6 to 2 in our favor! Another good turnout! Two more votes to go.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »
Second reading tonight. Vote was 6 to 1 for us, Pedersen was gone. One more to go. ;)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
 8)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:55 PM »
A volunteer group of us are interviewing potential candidates for council positions! We are asking our candidates specific questions pertaining to the second amendment! We are taking a pro-active approach! We will do everything we can to prevent something like this from happening again during our lifetimes here in NP! We will have cards with our support made up for candidates to hand out. We will be contacting voters with the results! We will also be making contributions toward their successful elections! Thanks NFOA for all your support in helping to make Nebraska the Pro Second Amendment State it should be! C
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:19:24 AM by chuckm »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2012, 08:31:07 AM »
Chuck it is so good to hear from you, remember any assistance I can give you know how to get a hold of me.  My goal on these local issues is to be able to support what the people locally are doing, not step in and try to take control.  If that is simple giving some advise, being a sounding board or getting the NFOA as an organization (rather than members just asking for other members assistance) that is what we will do.

You have no idea how good it feels to see a group of people in a local community step up and take on one of these issues that most of our cities have.  Then to be this successful, it just gives the rest of us the energy and determination to pick up the fight.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »

You have no idea how good it feels to see a group of people in a local community step up and take on one of these issues that most of our cities have.  Then to be this successful, it just gives the rest of us the energy and determination to pick up the fight.

AMEN!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
93.05 is toast! Vote was 5 to 2 in our favor! Council member Mcnea was not there. She voted with us last two votes. Now it will be about two weeks for this to be codified. Sitting here with a cold beer celebrating. Thanks guys!;)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »
Great work guys!

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2012, 01:25:04 AM »
AMEN!
  Andy and Dan are in the NP cool book! C

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2012, 01:51:09 AM »
One final comment on this thread, I just contributed 50 dollars to the NFOA-PAF. Please give what you can afford to this pro-active cause! Thank you! Chuck Matson

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
Outcome of our city council voter support. We got three out of four we were supporting to protect our second amendment rights here in North Platte. This gives us a very good standing in the prevention of any foreseeable anti activity. Brook Baker and Andrew Lee are our newcomers. Both are young guys, both are pro second amendment! Incumbent Larry Campbell will retain his seat. Larry supported us from the beginning of this challenge. This has turned out very well. I want to give a honorable mention to Jeremy, who belongs to the NFOA also. Jeremy put up with a lot of BS in our North Platte Diesel Shop, handing out cards. We had two guys vying for the council, in the same ward. Because we supported one guy, the other pitched a fit! Jeremy handled this challenge very well. Good Job Shaver! I know that I can always depend on him to fight the good fight! Thanks, C

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2012, 10:28:25 PM »
It was a tough fight.  Had to explain the laws to people so they understand why North Platte's law needed changed.   

The election fight was tough.   with guys at work wondering why we supported who we did.   It was tougher explaining why we supported one pro gun candidate over another.  Brook Baker and Josh Welden were running against each other for city council seat.   Baker won by 21 votes. 

Baker and Welden are both guys that Chuck and I work with.   I see Baker about every day.   Welden,  I don't see him very much.  If your wondering more about our work.   There is over 900 employees on 3 shifts.  Chuck and I didn't know each other until this fight.   

I do find it strange that one council member is the retired lincoln county sheriff and the new mayor is the retired north platte police chief. 

Shaver
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:31:43 PM by cracked junior »

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2012, 10:46:48 PM »
Once we get Shaver tuned and ready, we will get him on the council! ;)

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
Me on the council.    I don't think so.    I would be assassinated.   Or get in trouble for open carry at meetings.