< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: OW!  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
OW!
« on: June 10, 2012, 05:39:11 AM »
I realize AIWB style carry is catching on and many are doing it successfully, BUT.... apparently it's not in the cards for yours truly.  I don't consider myself "fat" at 6'2" and 205 but bending over (with an EMPTY holster) to tie my shoes is a very painful experience.  With the heater holstered, it gets REALLY painful.  Standing upright, not a problem.  Sitting is very uncomfortable. 

I'm going back to the VMII at 8:30. 

Fricke Archangel LH Kydex holster for a 5" 1911 for sale.  Like new.  Make offer.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: OW!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:59 AM »
Buy some Ho Chi Minh flip flops....problem solved.....

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
try a crossbreed IWB,  Very comfortable, Very concealable.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
A good belt makes a big difference.

I have an office job and am sitting more than I care.  I use a Galco N3 for a hi-power and it works really well.  It's not tuckable, but the single offset loop lets the rig move a bit so it stays comfortable.  A good belt keeps it upright and secure.

Offline MikeP

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »
+1 on the Crossbreed. I carry my 1911 very comfortably in the SuperTuck.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
I love my cross breed.

The front sight on my Sig P229 did 'break' with it though.  Break as in the tritium and light catching plastic bit broke.  The frame of the front sight is still fine and everything is fine.  Dunno if a coin or keys somehow managed to get to it or what.  I assume it broke while in holster... I recall finding something hinting at that and not just at the range etc...

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »
You can get a "seconds" crossbreed holster at http://crossbreedseconds.com/ I just bought one for my Glock 19.  Carry my XDm in it daily for several years now and it is very comfortable, and I'm a bit bigger than you
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
Although this is an older original post, the crux of Lorimer's chief complaint is with the "Appendix" style carry thus the listing AIWB platform holster offered by Dale Fricke. 

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »
Love my Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC for my G23. In the next week I will buy a new piece of kydex from them for my Kahr CW9. I carry the glock at about 4:30-5:00, but the thinner/slightly shorter Kahr should be comfortable at a 3:30-4:00 carry position without the printing the glock has with a normal t-shirt. A little pricey but I didn't want to settle on one and end up wanting another, also I love the option of buying additional kydex bodies for about $40.