< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I wish Omaha would have a gun buy-back instead of a gun amnesty  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=670341

Well, maybe not, but it's good to see some of the money going to good use. In an earlier thread the OP showed a bunch of rusted out single shot long guns, pot metal handguns and other guns that likely were not functional or unsafe that he took to Chicago for a gun buy-back.  25 guns at $100 each meant $2500 to sponsor youth shooting events.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: I wish Omaha would have a gun buy-back instead of a gun amnesty
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
Personally I'd also like to see it added that it's Illegal to destroy Firearms and Ammo
Received or seized in the State of Nebraska by all Law enforcement personal and/or employees as a part of/or during their State supported jobs. (except as noted below and said Firearms are proved to have directly caused Bodily injury or death)

Make it A Law that Says.... ALL Firearms and Ammo must be Sold at auction (to legal FFL holders)
as long as Said Firearm is not.....Stolen (and the owner can be located), the cause of Bodily injury or death.

Any Nonfunctional Firearms should be sold at auction as either Scrap or for Parts ,,,,Again only to legal FFL holders.

Also it should not be allowed to inferr that firearms are evil or good .....
All Firearms should be considered neutral neither good or bad.
(I wonder if this could/should be made a hate crime ?)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:30:21 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
Why limit the auctions to FFL holders? Why not anyone who can purchase legally.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
The state of Iowa auctions them off each year.   The Iowa DNR is the only agency authorized to sell them, and they will sell at auction to anyone with an Iowa purchase certificate.  So each agency across the state will send what they have off to DNR in preparation of the auction each year.

I don't know much more about the Iowa program, like where the money goes and what it's used for.  No reason we couldn't do the same thing here.  Shouldn't be limited to FFL's in my opinion. Sad part is Iowa is not authorized to sell handguns, so those get melted down.  That needs to change too, IMHO.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
showing NE lawmakers who much money they could be making can help fund some health or low income programs might change their POV.  is there a way we could get more info or hard facts from Iowa or other states?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official