< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New State Patrol Form?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Brian

• NFOA Full Member
New State Patrol Form?
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: New State Patrol Form?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
I just came across this earlier this morning on NSP website and posted it on my FB and webpage. I think it would be too easy to have a copy of this in your car with you just in case it is ever needed. Because I can guarantee that LE Depts are not carrying this

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »
I think the legislature passed a bill dealing with return of firearms after securement.    I think it forces the law enforcement dept to return it with out needing a court order.  I couldnt tell you a bill number but seen it somewhere on legislature website. 

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:14:39 PM »
Date on the form is Jan 07
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »
Date on the form is Jan 07

Or, 01-07 is July 1st. It depends on their naming scheme, I guess.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
There has always been a form for EMT's and Firefighters to use in case a victim is carrying and they have to take possession of a legally carried firearm prior to treatment or transport.

I recall seeing it long ago , that is why I am assuming it is Jan 07, the first month the Nebraska CHP was available

021 PROCEDURES FOR PEACE OFFICERS AND EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL ENCOUNTERING A HANDGUN
021.01 Peace officers or emergency services personnel may determine whether it is necessary to secure the handgun for the safety of any person present, including the peace officer or emergency service personnel, and may order the permit holder to secure or surrender the handgun.
021.02 The handgun shall be returned to the permit holder before the contact is ended if the peace officer or the emergency service personnel determine that there is no threat to anyone’s safety and that the permit holder is physically and mentally capable of possessing the handgun.
021.03 If emergency services personnel determine that the permit holder is not capable of possessing the handgun or if the permit holder is transported to another location for treatment, the handgun shall be turned over to a peace officer as soon as it is feasible to do so. The peace officer shall provide the permit holder with a receipt for the handgun which included the make, model, caliber, and serial number of the handgun.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.