< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Kids and I have been knotty ;) (paracord sling)  (Read 2039 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Kids and I have been knotty ;) (paracord sling)
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
The Daughter unit and I made up this sling for her rifle.  It uses over 60 foot of pink camo paracord.  :o  It only took the entire movie Shane start to finish.  Uses the Wide Solomon Bar weave.  This thing is surprisingly comfy.

(We have gotten into the whole paracord goods thing. We have been making specialty bracelets and are prototyping other items like animal call lanyards.  See classifieds for details.  50% of sales to be donated to an appropriate non profit. )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Kids and I have been knotty ;) (paracord sling)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »
So you're Jack Wilson huh?
I've heard about you.

What have you heard Shane?
I heard you were a lowdown Yankee liar. 

Greatest western ever.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Kids and I have been knotty ;) (paracord sling)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
So you're Jack Wilson huh?
I've heard about you.

What have you heard Shane?
I heard you were a lowdown Yankee liar. 

Greatest western ever.
(see signature line for my fav quote)
I read the book a few years ago, so I made the kids watch it with me last weekend when I found it on Netflix. Better programing than some of the movies they wanted to watch.   ( I must say I liked the book better, acting was a little rough)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane