< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENPS Zombie Match, Oct 28th!  (Read 7912 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: ENPS Zombie Match, Oct 28th!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
Yipeee  :laugh:

And I didn't go negative on stage 1 like last year.

A couple of people did, though.     :(

Sherwyn was fun to watch on that stage---he got 26 points, and was one shot away from having 30 points.  (If he could have made one more shot, he would have gotten that zombie point, plus one more human saved.)

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »
A couple of people did, though.     

Sherwyn was fun to watch on that stage---he got 26 points, and was one shot away from having 30 points.  (If he could have made one more shot, he would have gotten that zombie point, plus one more human saved.)

Someone in our squad brought up a good point.  If you were VERY confident that you had shot all the zombies/infected surrounding an innocent except one zombie, it would be worth while to take your time and take the last shot.  You would have 2 points deducted, but you would have gained 3 points by shooting the last zombie (+1) and saving the innocent (+2).  You wouldn't have to rush the last shot because there was only one 2 point deduction for each shot fired after the par time, regardless of how long after the par time the shot was taken.  Hey...a point is a point.

Or did we not understand the rules correctly?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:01 AM »
Someone in our squad brought up a good point.  If you were VERY confident that you had shot all the zombies/infected surrounding an innocent except one zombie, it would be worth while to take your time and take the last shot.  You would have 2 points deducted, but you would have gained 3 points by shooting the last zombie (+1) and saving the innocent (+2).  You wouldn't have to rush the last shot because there was only one 2 point deduction for each shot fired after the par time, regardless of how long after the par time the shot was taken.  Hey...a point is a point.

Or did we not understand the rules correctly?

Nope.  That is correct---other than you got 3 points for saving the human plus the point for the zombie for a total of four points.  (And then the penalty.)

So you would have ended up 2 points ahead.

I'm thinking the number of times that situation would have occurred would probably not be large, though...  :)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
(And no one named "Nick" or "Koz" came in last.)

:)
I did much better this time... I ran with some better ammo, so no FTFs. I'll start working on my draw and reloads now. This was a really fun match to shoot. I enjoyed shooting the infected targets so much that I shot a few of them six times... it was worth the extra time.

I did forget all about shooting the swinging target on stage five, even after hitting the pressure plate... whoopsies.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »
I'll note that pretty much NOBODY came up to introduce themselves as being from this forum.  And it isn't as if it wasn't obvious who *I* was!

Humph.

(No, Koz, you didn't need to do it because I already know you.  You either, Fly.)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »
Hello, my name is Fly and I have an addiction to shooting Zombies.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 09:41:53 AM »
I'll note that pretty much NOBODY came up to introduce themselves as being from this forum.  And it isn't as if it wasn't obvious who *I* was!

Humph.

(No, Koz, you didn't need to do it because I already know you.  You either, Fly.)
I'm the only guy rocking the Beretta 92fs.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »
It occurs to me to post a video of the stages (and my screwups).  For people who couldn't make it and have never gone to an action pistol match, it'll give you an idea of what we shot, and how the stages went.

(The music choice is my wife's fault.  Just sayin'...)

As a comment---for those people with .22 carbines or centerfire pistol-caliber carbines, we are probably going to add a couple of divisions allowing those.  So if you have a .22 carbine with a 25-round mag, or a 9mm AR with a dot that you want to try, you'll get to run it next year...  :) 

(We might even open up the match for a few more people to shoot it on Saturday, too.  That one is still being discussed, however.)

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
It occurs to me to post a video of the stages (and my screwups).  For people who couldn't make it and have never gone to an action pistol match, it'll give you an idea of what we shot, and how the stages went.

(The music choice is my wife's fault.  Just sayin'...)

As a comment---for those people with .22 carbines or centerfire pistol-caliber carbines, we are probably going to add a couple of divisions allowing those.  So if you have a .22 carbine with a 25-round mag, or a 9mm AR with a dot that you want to try, you'll get to run it next year...  :) 

(We might even open up the match for a few more people to shoot it on Saturday, too.  That one is still being discussed, however.)

Think you need to work some on your trigger speed.  Some of those shots were awfully slow!!!! Ha ha ha

P.s. NICE SHOOTIN!!!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »

Think you need to work some on your trigger speed.  Some of those shots were awfully slow!!!! Ha ha ha

P.s. NICE SHOOTIN!!!

Yes...he struggles to keep up, but we are trying to bring him up to our level.   :laugh:

Fly

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »
Yes...he struggles to keep up, but we are trying to bring him up to our level.   :laugh:

Hey, if I keep practicing, maybe I'll actually eventually get good. 

Or at least consistent.  As opposed to the random reloads (stage 2) , the periodic pauses (like in the first string of stage 4), the many misses (string 2 of stage 4, plus the missed headshot on stage 3).....

With all the support I get from you guys, I'll eventually reach competency.  :)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »
Hey, if I keep practicing, maybe I'll actually eventually get good. 

Or at least consistent.  As opposed to the random reloads (stage 2) , the periodic pauses (like in the first string of stage 4), the many misses (string 2 of stage 4, plus the missed headshot on stage 3).....

With all the support I get from you guys, I'll eventually reach competency.  :)

Yah...I didn't want to say it, but you suck.   ;D

Fly

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »

Fly
It also appears he is using the wrong hand. ;)
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
It also appears he is using the wrong hand. ;)

You'd be amazed at how often I hear that on the range.  :)

One of these days, I'm going to shoot a match right-handed.  (I have a right-handed holster for people who aren't in their right mind, so I could use that.)

If I beat anyone while shooting that way, I'm going to make fun of them for quite a long time...

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »
You'd be amazed at how often I hear that on the range.  :)

One of these days, I'm going to shoot a match right-handed.  (I have a right-handed holster for people who aren't in their right mind, so I could use that.)

If I beat anyone while shooting that way, I'm going to make fun of them for quite a long time...
You could probably shoot with your feet and beat me in one of these competitions.  But one of these days I will give it a try.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
I think the most difficult part of you competing with your right hand will be the draw and reloads.  Otherwise, I think you'd do extremely well!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
I think the most difficult part of you competing with your right hand will be the draw and reloads.  Otherwise, I think you'd do extremely well!

Next May in the Special Classifier match I'll shoot Production first, then I'll shoot it again right-handed with your G35 in Limited-10 division.   :)

Anyone else want to try it, too? 

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
Next May in the Special Classifier match I'll shoot Production first, then I'll shoot it again right-handed with your G35 in Limited-10 division.   :)

Anyone else want to try it, too? 

For the love of god! Will the humiliation never end?!   ;)

Fly