< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Terrible boating accident: all my firearms lost.  (Read 1078 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Terrible boating accident: all my firearms lost.
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
I was out on the Harlan county lake in a canoe and it capsized and all my guns fell to the bottom of the lake ;) Just wanted to announce this publicly. At least that is what I'll say when the ATF agent knocks on my door and asks for my "assault weapons" and wants to search for "high capacity clips"

The real point of this post is the following:

Gun rights have been on the uptick in recent years, with the expiration of the pointless brady ban, expansion of shall issue, etc. I have been feeling that this uptick cannot be sustained and will eventually recoil like a spring stretched too far.

I hate to be the sayer of doom and gloom, but I've got a nasty feeling in my gut for  a few months that the apex is near, and I awoke this morning to a link to the theater shooting story and one simple quote in my inbox "gentlemen, prepare for turbulence." I hope that I am wrong, I hope logic and facts will prevail. We at the state level must not only fight off the wolves, but also maintain the momentum.

"If you aren't winning, you're loosing"

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Terrible boating accident: all my firearms lost.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
Brb...gone swimming in Harlan county lake:)

That being joked...feel free to shoot me a PM if you need some help...i ama marketing guy and am willing to help.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »
People said the same after the Arizona congresswoman was shot, and the L.A. bank robbers, and Virginia tech, and Colombine, and every other major shooting ever. It is also thinking like this that drives up prices for the next 3 months.

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
People said the same after the Arizona congresswoman was shot, and the L.A. bank robbers, and Virginia tech, and Colombine, and every other major shooting ever. It is also thinking like this that drives up prices for the next 3 months.

Exactly.  There's always this hand wringing and fear mongering after an incident of this type. 

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »
Exactly.  There's always this hand wringing and fear mongering after an incident of this type. 

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty ....

Wallace, too bad you weren't more vigilant during your canoe trip.  :D

Offline kruiz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »
With the power that the NRA has, and good local groups like the NFOA. I seriously doubt the ATF or FBI would come door to door... Let alone the local Officers... That being said... si vis pacem para bellum