< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Interesting article from editor of CNN  (Read 1024 times)

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
Interesting article from editor of CNN
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I read this article and found it interesting.  Some of you have probably already read it. I didn't agree with it much of it, but found some of the ideas and concepts it brought up interesting, and thought some of you might as well. 

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/opinion/frum-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Interesting article from editor of CNN
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »
hahaha... i own a gun because i'm scared and watch FOX news.    :laugh:

i think its better than Jason Alexander's rant:  http://www.twitlonger.com/show/if2nht   comedians should stick with comedy.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I read this article and found it interesting.  Some of you have probably already read it. I didn't agree with it much of it, but found some of the ideas and concepts it brought up interesting, and thought some of you might as well. 

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/opinion/frum-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Ha! 3rd paragraph:
Three-quarters of Americans want to keep the right to own handguns, weapons whose only function is to kill human beings at close range.
I've never killed a human (much less at close range) and I've had a heck of a lot of fun with handguns.

The article ends by stating that if you love your children you will get rid of your guns. Crime is on the down-slope so no one needs one anyway. Besides you're just going to kill yourself with it.

What a supposed news source won't print and pass off as fact... Feel free to read the article, but be prepared to laugh at it. ;)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »
Thus why CNN continues to take a nose dive in ratings.  cckyle...you've drawn more attention to them than they've experienced in the past few years.  Come on.... Piers Morgan and his ranting about guns, too.  How's that working out you POMMIE (POME) ?

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »
CNN, the network that owned the first gulf war, is now reduced to rambling in the corner of a padded cell.

I have never watched FOX news, in fact, I hate it, and I spend more on guns than any other expense.

i think its better than Jason Alexander's rant:  http://www.twitlonger.com/show/if2nht   comedians should stick with comedy.

Agreed. I think I should put up a rant about how bad Jason Alexander is at comedy. Given my complete ignorance of the acting/comedy profession, I'm sure it will be extremely accurate and worthwhile to read.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:40:10 AM by wallace11bravo »

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
"There will be no new gun laws after the Aurora shooting for the basic reason that the American people do not want them."

I stopped caring after the first sentence because it's the only one that makes any sense.  Strange how a republic works, isn't it.  If the people don't want more gun laws, the representatives should respect that. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
Didn't take long to see what slant the writer was taking. What a piece of propaganda. I can see why it's from CNN.

Offline ALiesveld

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »
The police can protect you, and will, and do.

Yep. Nobody ever get's raped or murdered in their own home.

And a gun in the house is not a guarantee of personal security -- it is instead a standing invitation to family tragedy.

Implying I have no control over the latter.

I think majority of Americans have more common sense than this. I know quite a few left-leaning people who consider or do own guns.

I would agree with him though that the mean-world syndrome drives people to buy guns. The effect is good but this implies that the public needs to view the world as a dangerous enough place before someone should be able to own a gun. As long as murder and rape exist at all, even if the statistics become negligible, people should be allowed to defend themselves as they see fit. Taking that away that right and watching someone get murdered is the quiet crime we commit on everyone else.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:48:54 PM by ALiesveld »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »
I don't know why CNN even bothers to claim they're a mainstream news organization.  Last night I was at the gym and they had Piers Morgan on the TV.  He was "interviewing" John Lott and it was shameful.  They literally did not let him answer a single question.  Every time he would get 3 or 4 word in they would interrupt him and accuse him of not answering.  Of course right before that they had Bloomberg on and they spent the entire time sucking up to him.