< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USPSA Pistol Match - February 02, 2014  (Read 3550 times)

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
USPSA Pistol Match - February 02, 2014
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »
We are going to be using online registration and squadding for our local matches.  We will be starting this with the February USPSA match at ENGC!  If you don't want to pre-register, you don't have to, but we do encourage you to.  You will be able to self squad as well.  We'll do our best to honor these, depending on the RO availability.

SO - pre-register for the match using the link below and come on out and shoot the match!

https://clubs.practiscore.com/  Scroll down and find our match listed and register today! :)   In general, we will open online registration 2 weeks before the match and close it at 5pm on Saturday before the match.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: USPSA Pistol Match - February 02, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »
We are going to be using online registration and squadding for our local matches.  We will be starting this with the February USPSA match at ENGC!  If you don't want to pre-register, you don't have to, but we do encourage you to.  You will be able to self squad as well.  We'll do our best to honor these, depending on the RO availability.

...and you'll be much more likely to have squad requests work out if you pre-register.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:07:05 AM »
Can we pay our entry fees online too or do we need to bring those to the match?

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 07:27:15 AM »
This is awesome! Nice work!!!

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »
Can we pay our entry fees online too or do we need to bring those to the match?

You still have to pay at the match

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Any chance of this happening with Steel Challenge matches?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »
Any chance of this happening with Steel Challenge matches?

Yep.  At the moment, we just decided to start with a match a little father out in time to give people a little while to get used to the idea.  Eventually, we plan to use it for all matches.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »
Yep.  At the moment, we just decided to start with a match a little father out in time to give people a little while to get used to the idea.  Eventually, we plan to use it for all matches.

Sweet, this has the potential to speed things up maybe?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
Sweet, this has the potential to speed things up maybe?

The only difference will be speeding up registration a little----but (other than this last SC match, where we had new-tech issues) we always start at 9 no matter what.

Is there some aspect of registering and squadding that is being a timing issue?

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
The only difference will be speeding up registration a little----but (other than this last SC match, where we had new-tech issues) we always start at 9 no matter what.

Is there some aspect of registering and squadding that is being a timing issue?

It seems to me it would be more accurate to say we always start around 9.  We seem to start a little on the late side fairly regularly.  But there is a sizable contingent who like come in late and not help set up, all of which slows things down some.  On the other hand, I imagine that running some of these matches is kinda like herding cats. 
But the matches are well run, the people are nice, and there's not a better way to spend a Sunday :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 06:34:04 PM »
It seems to me it would be more accurate to say we always start around 9.  We seem to start a little on the late side fairly regularly.  But there is a sizable contingent who like come in late and not help set up, all of which slows things down some.  On the other hand, I imagine that running some of these matches is kinda like herding cats. 
But the matches are well run, the people are nice, and there's not a better way to spend a Sunday :)

Hm.  Outside of yesterday, we've started on time pretty much always for the last four or five months.  (Towards the beginning of last year there were some issues, which have been dealt with.)  It is true that it certainly doesn't help when a bunch of people show up at the last minute with squad requests, and when people don't pitch in to help out---but the registration and squadding is done before nine pretty much every time. 

Don't think online squadding will really speed that part up.  It will, however, make for less headaches during registration.

It is certainly true that if people think that the matches aren't getting started fast enough they are welcome to grab a bunch of people and help get them motivated to help out.  :)  (And you'll get paid just as much as the rest of us are!)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
I truly appreciate the jobs you and the others do running the show (for free :o).  In my short time I have never been later than 7:30, I help set up, and tear down.  I've even tried designing a few stages.

Like I said, not a better to spend a Sunday ( or any day that ends in 'y') :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
In my short time I have never been later than 7:30, I help set up, and tear down.  I've even tried designing a few stages.

And it is really appreciated!  Now bring more friends to help.  :)

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
Those of us who are doing the registration and squadding REALLY APPRECIATE those who show up early.  :)   I'm hoping that by doing some online pre-registration, some of those who don't like to roll onto the range until 8:30 or later will have already registered and we can get the squads done and the match starting on time.   Remember, if you come later, you upset the red-head who may or may not honor your squad request. ;)

OH - another reason there are some delays in getting going on time is the lack of RO's that we have to work these matches.  Yesterday, for the Steel Challenge match, we had 71 shooters, and only 11 RO's.  At 8:30 am, we only had 8 RO's with over 60 people registered.  We were going to end up with only 4 REALLY LARGE squads at that rate.

SO - if you think things are not going as smoothly as you'd like, and you are not an RO - we are hosting a class in March!  If you are a regular shooter with us at ENPS and are not an RO - -WHY NOT!?!?!?   We need the help, the class is great, you learn more about the sport by taking the class, and you will be helping out the local club.  Because honestly, if we 8-12 ROs who have been here and working every match for the past several years decide to stop working, what will you do??      Take the class.  Info here:  http://easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/2014/ROclass/default.htm

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »
Do we need to be an ENPS member to take an RO class?  I can't make this one but I wouldn't mind doing it at some point.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 05:53:13 AM »
Do we need to be an ENPS member to take an RO class?  I can't make this one but I wouldn't mind doing it at some point.

It is the official USPSA Range Officer class, so you have to be a member of USPSA to take the class.  (This isn't ENGC's range officer class or anything, this is official RO certification for the national USPSA organization.)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:45 AM »
Just to let people know---there will be a classifier at the February match.  Specifically:

99-12:  Take Your Choice
http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/99-12.pdf

Comstock, barricade, mandatory reload, 12 rounds.  While there are no-shoots, all targets are full-presentation.  :) 

(edited to fix course type---thanks, Kurt!)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:26:39 PM by jthhapkido »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 09:48:27 AM »
Just wanted to remind people again that they can pre-register for this match, and save time in the registration line when they GET to the match.  (All you have to do is show up and hand in your money!)

If you want to squad with certain people, this is a Really Good Idea, by the way.

https://clubs.practiscore.com/  Scroll down and find the match listed and register today. :)   Online pre-registration will close at 5pm on Saturday before the match.

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 07:52:35 PM »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 06:10:48 AM »
I would like to go on record and apologize to some of you who did not perform so well yesterday at the USPSA match.  You may lay all blame on us at IDPA for slowing you down Saturday....   :)