< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CHP holder assaulted by police????  (Read 791 times)

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
CHP holder assaulted by police????
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
Did I really miss this???  I don't remember seeing a post about this and came across it so I figured I would see if anyone had heard about this.  A CHP holder in Minneapolis was assaulted by police after they found he had a gun.  He claims an officer saw a "bulge" in his waistband and asked him what it was.  He stated that he was a CHP holder and it was his gun, an then police seized the gun and assaulted him.  I don't know the other side of the story, but I wonder why I haven't heard about this before.  Was it something the police involved and department wanted to keep "hush hush"???  Idk, maybe I just missed it.  Here is the link:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/06/23/mpls-man-police-beat-me-for-gun-despite-my-permit/

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: CHP holder assaulted by police????
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »
I'm not sure what to think of this...with the propensity of "sidewalk filmographers" to put stuff like this online if it was recorded it would have come to the surface already. And what was he doing in a club carrying. What type of club was it? A bar? Had he been drinking?
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
I would expect there is more to the story- but the info as presented is very disturbing. I have a lot of family in the Twin Cities and the Minneapolis police have a rep as being......aggressive.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
They have a mayor that hates people.