< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Costco Omaha  (Read 1607 times)

Offline TwoSocks90

• Forum Member
Costco Omaha
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »
I noticed that the Omaha Costco's "No Concealed Weapons" sign is gone. Anyone know if they changed their policy and got sensible, or maybe they just sent the sign out for cleaning?  ;D

Offline blind_hunter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Costco Omaha
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »
I noticed this was gone the weekend after the Colorado movie theater shooting.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
I noticed that the Omaha Costco's "No Concealed Weapons" sign is gone. Anyone know if they changed their policy and got sensible, or maybe they just sent the sign out for cleaning?  ;D

Probably replacing it with a "Concealed Carry License Holders Will Be Shot on Sight" sign.

If you're a Costco club member, check your membership agreement.  Weapons are prohibited in the club in the agreement.  One of the many reasons I switched back to Sam's Club.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »
I haven't read the agreement, but if that is so, removal of the signs at least doesn't make it a criminal act. If you violate the agreement all they can do is cancel your membership.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 08:47:28 PM »
Since there is not one in my area, there is no reason to tell them how I feel and that I will not nor will my business be purchasing a membership.

This is from their site

https://costco.egain.net/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=1101&REQUEST_FRM_ESCALATION=true&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&isSuggestedArticle=true

Personal Firearms/Guns in Costco Stores

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club.  It is not open to the general public.  It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions.  We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules.  The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules.  By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.  For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace.  Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world.  This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy.  If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 08:46:05 AM »
Yup, I cancelled my membership as soon as the signs went up.  If you're interested in learning more about what happens when you concealed carry in a Costco, Google "Erik Scott Costco Shooting".  Erik was a friend of a friend.  I will never darken the door of a Costco again in my life.