< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Rights Policy Conference  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
Gun Rights Policy Conference
« on: September 30, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Yes, the NFOA was represented at the 2012 GRPC in Orlando, Florida.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Gun Rights Policy Conference
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
Thanks Gunny
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
You do know that you now need to give a complete update for those of us that could not make it this year.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:25 PM »
I do not know how many times this weekend Dave Kopel, Joe Tartaro, Alan Gottlieb, his wife Julie and others commented on what the NFOA is getting done in Nebraska. They are impressed at the growth and accomplishments that brands the NFOA as a nathionally recognized grassroots organization that can be used a an example for other states considering starting a Gun Rights group.

Each and everyone of you should be proud of your NFOA membership and what it stands for.

Notes;

It is unlikely that the small arms treaty will ever be ratified by the U.S. Senate even with a Democratically controlled Senate. To pass it as it is written the Senate would have to give up the power to vote on any future changes or amendments. In essence if the Senate ratifies it they relinquish any and all power over it and even a "Lib" Senate is not about to give up power. (Donald A. Mahley - U. S. Ambassador to the U.N.)

For those of you that have been reading "Emily gets Her gun", she was there in person and told her story in person and detailed changes to DC laws that are in the works.

John Lott talked about the dangers of "Gun Free Zones".

My friend Dave Kopel talked about SCOTUS and the majority of one. He also speculated that if re-elected the current POTUS could have the opportunity to appoint 3-4 more Supremes.

I wish I could share what I learned in a one on one conversation during one of the breaks with Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara. For those that hope he will be found not guilty and/or have recourse for the lies in the MSM all I can say is be patient.

Fast & Furious was definately a topic of discussion with the consensus that it is up to Grassley and Isa to do what needs to be done.

The current administration needs to be voted out.
La Luz, NM

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
You do know that you now need to give a complete update for those of us that could not make it this year.

I was working on it when you posted that Andy.
La Luz, NM

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
My friend Jose Barreras told me and Pam that it is very likely that in the near future Puerto Rico will begin recognizing CCW's not only from the states but any lawfully issued CCW from anywhere. Jose, his wife and their daughter are the preeminent 2A defenders in Puerto Rico.

Donald A. Mahley as a State Dept. Ambassador is the US Negotiator for the Arms Trade Treaty at the UN. Guys Don knows what he is talking about.

As another side note Mark O'Mara is a former Division Chief and felony prosecutor, that he thinks the Zimmerman charges are bogus and a politically correct publicity stunt says a lot about the case.
La Luz, NM

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »
Drudge is reporting Zimmerman is now suing NBC.
La Luz, NM

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
Gunscribe, I know they usually announce the date and location for the next GRPC at the event, did you happen to catch where?  I know it will be the last weekend of September in 2013 but perhaps some folks would like to see if they can start planning to make it next year.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »
Andy, as of right now the word is Houston.
La Luz, NM