< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obama hints at handgun restrictions during debate  (Read 803 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Obama hints at handgun restrictions during debate
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-hints-at-handgun-restrictions-too/article/2510993#.UH9Cm2emWcw

The National Rifle Association, jumping on President Obama's new and firm support for a Clinton-style assault weapons ban, is stepping up its attack on the president in Ohio, Virginia, Florida and Wisconsin with a new "we told you so" theme.

David Keene, president of the NRA, told Secrets, "the president has ratified what we have been saying" in ads and mailings to pro-gun voters. "See, he peeked out and finally said what he wants," said Keene.

~Read more at the link~
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Obama hints at handgun restrictions during debate
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »
Yes I heard that line about "cheap Handguns" it reminded me of all the BS about "Saturday night specials" that the gun haters carried on about 30 years ago.
What price point does BO think qualifies a handgun as cheap??
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »
So if all you can afford is a HiPoint you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun?

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
Maybe it's just my undying optimism, but I took it differently. The question was specifically about the AWB and I took his response to mean that most shootings are done with handguns so there is a new AWB really wouldn't be effective.