< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Starting to get into Kydex  (Read 9824 times)

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
Re: Starting to get into Kydex
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 07:51:35 AM »
Newest holsters:
Sig Mosquito holster, OWB loops, .08" Kydex, eyelets spaced every 0.5" for adjustable ride height, low sweat guard, medium-low retention, similar in style to a Bravo Concealment holster. 
Double magazine pouch for Sig Mosquito.  Eyelets spaced every 0.5" for adjustments, OWB loops, medium-low retention, slots molded in to allow for easy insertion of a partially loaded magazine.

This happens to be my Mosquito, and now my brand new holster!  The craftsmanship on these is phenomenal.  Great retention, great fit, and well worth the few days without my pistol!

Thanks again lneuke!   

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
can you/do you make a holster for the Mosquitoes with threaded barrels?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
can you/do you make a holster for the Mosquitoes with threaded barrels?

I make holsters from the actual firearm instead of using blue-guns.  The good thing about that is that it is exactly custom fitted to the firearm it will be used for, meaning if you have any upgrades or rail attachments (or pistol bayonets...) then the holster can be tailored specifically for that.  The bad thing is that I'll need to borrow the actual firearm in order to make the holster (Unless you want one for an unmodified Walther PPQ, MR FA Baby Eagle, 4th Gen G19, or Ruger SR9c).

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:47 PM »
Newest holster:  Ruger SR22 with Crimson Trace laser, IWB with J-Hooks, .06 Kydex, low/medium retention

This holster presented a bit of a challenge because of the switch on the laser.  I had to relieve a lot of the definition in order to keep the laser from turning on/off while drawing and holstering the pistol.  After a lot of trial and error, I was able to keep retention without the use of the trigger guard or ejection port (which should never be used for retention, as the finish will wear off of the slide very quickly if the ejection port is used) and I was able to draw/re-holster without ever having the laser turn on and off.