< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: An absolute nightmare!  (Read 1524 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
An absolute nightmare!
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »

"NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) — A popular fifth-grade teacher fatally shot a masked teenager in self-defense outside his neighbor's house during what appeared to be an attempted late-night burglary, then discovered the teen was his son, state police said.

Spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said Friday that police are trying to determine if the gun used by Jeffrey Giuliano, the father, was registered. It will be at least a week before the probe is done.

Tyler Giuliano, described as an easygoing 15-year-old who enjoyed flying small planes, was shot at about 1 a.m. Thursday in New Fairfield, a lake community of about 14,000 along the New York line just north of Danbury. " .........

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-man-kills-masked-teen-learns-son-063653076.html

And the police are worried if the handgun was registered? This father must be going thru hell right now!   :(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: An absolute nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
I would be interested in knowing what the kids toxicology report says. If I was pulling a prank, or even committing a crime, and saw my dad pointing a gun at me I certainly wouldn't lunge at him with a shiny object. Something doesn't add up. I'm betting there is more to the kids history than has been published.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
I would be interested in knowing what the kids toxicology report says. If I was pulling a prank, or even committing a crime, and saw my dad pointing a gun at me I certainly wouldn't lunge at him with a shiny object. Something doesn't add up. I'm betting there is more to the kids history than has been published.

- Shawn

I second that. Either way worst thing for a father to have to go through. I, too, am waiting for more info before I throw down any judgements.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline wrenrj1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Take away the father/son thing.  I'd be interested in knowing what the justification was to engage this individual first.  Seems this article was focused on whether the weapon was registered or not.

Bottom line, kid did stupid thing and received bad results.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:36:35 PM »
Tyler Giuliano, described as an easygoing 15-year-old who enjoyed flying small planes, was shot at about 1 a.m. Thursday in New Fairfield, a lake community of about 14,000 along the New York line just north of Danbury. " .........

"It's after midnight.... do you know where your kids are at?"  comes to mind .....

Parenting FAIL.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
Take away the father/son thing.  I'd be interested in knowing what the justification was to engage this individual first. 

Why couldn't he have been a good witness instead of running outside in the first place?  This wasn't self defense until he went out to confront the would be burglar.  Why did he feel the need to defend his neighbors property?  And like someone asked, how come he didn't know his 15 yr old son wasn't home at 1 in the morning?

Offline Ivars

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »
Why couldn't he have been a good witness instead of running outside in the first place?  This wasn't self defense until he went out to confront the would be burglar.  Why did he feel the need to defend his neighbors property?  And like someone asked, how come he didn't know his 15 yr old son wasn't home at 1 in the morning?

The neighbor is his sister and she called him, that's why he went to investigate. 

Since details are lacking it is hard to say why he did not call the police.  If his sister is anything like my wife, I would be calling the police at least once a month for an unusual noise in the night.

Maybe his son was at home when he went to sleep.  You can't lock the family in at night.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
Here’s a different article.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/just_nothing_wrong_at_all_BBs9gJ1NozHUoDN0y1YJ6K?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=National

Also the kid wasn’t his.  The kid was someone he tried to help out by adopting.