< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: EMPTY HOLSTER PROTEST 2013  (Read 1083 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
EMPTY HOLSTER PROTEST 2013
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »
April 8th-12th 2013

Task:
1. Wear an open-carry type holster that clearly displays there is NOTHING in it. Wear it all of the time to class and around campus. Have flyers on hand to give to those that are inquisitive.

2. Organize larger group protests near high traffic areas around campus. Utilize these protests to garner more attention from people who normally would never even engage in a conversation about campus carry, such as college staff and the media.

Purpose:

1. Increase awareness and attention to the issue of conceal carry prohibition on campus.

2. Recruit supporters from fence sitters, through the use of unbiased sources and indisputable evidence.

Special Concerns:

1. Inform campus security and/or police of the protest before hand.

2. Conduct yourself with courtesy and professionalism. Use rational logic and indisputable evidence from unbiased sources. Screaming "Second Amendment" at people is not going to get anyone anywhere.

3. If anyone attempts to tell you that you cannot do this, remind them of U.S. District Court case Smith v. Tarrant County College. The empty holster is protected as symbolic free speech. If they continue to tell you not to do this, please contact myself or any representative from the nationals SCC.

4. DO NOT place anything in the holster that looks even remotely like a weapon. Do not use covered holsters that do not obviously display that they are empty.

5. Utilize common sense.

http://concealedcampus.org/empty-holster-protest/

http://www.facebook.com/events/350630365032197/

Unfortunately, I will not be able to "rally the troops" and organize a larger protest this year, as I'll be out of state and no where near any college. If anyone wants to step up and take the lead, please let me know and I can get you the necessary material and means.