< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sen. Ashford's Gun Legislation  (Read 6704 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Sen. Ashford's Gun Legislation
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »
There are ust too many folks that vote according to the letter that follows the name: They see an "R" and figure this guy must be alright.

The way I see it,  there are 2 things that need to be done:

1. Inform the people: tell your friends in his district.  They need to know that the "R" after his name stands for "RINO".

2. Inform the NE Republican party that the tent is not that big, and if it IS, you don't want to be in it: Either the Republican Party's Constitution, or any Constitution means what it says, or it means nothing.  Write them, and say so.

The fact that this is the best they have to offer does not speak well of them at all.  Better to offer nothing than a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »
The thing is, the people of Assford's district seem to be just pleased as punch of the work he is doing for them, otherwise someone would have made to effort to run against him last Nov. 

The Dems see that he is a progressive liberal and could care less about the R behind his name. 
The Repubs(fairly few in his district anyway) just seem to vote for him out of complacency and lack of other options.

Darn, couldn't find that darn H key again.  Must be something wrong with this keyboard.  :angel1:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline PhilK

• NFOA Full Member
  • xxx
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »
I live in District 20 and have voiced my opinions to him many times.  Via email, snail mail, and even attended a public meeting with him where I brought LB430 and state preemption of firearm laws to his attention.

I also wrote in "Donald Duck" for my District 20 representative in the last election.  He evidently didn't receive enough votes to be officially recorded.

Senator Ashford represents himself, not District 20.

>:D

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
I hear ya.  I didn't mean that ALL of the voters in Dist. 20 approve of him, though it seems to be that the majority do.

Unfortunately.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
I think the numbers suggest that the majority didn't care to even vote.  But, you know how it is sometimes; people will vote for a name they recognize even though a lot of them couldn't tell you much about who they are voting for.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 09:26:38 PM »
So ..... how many of you have let the NE GOP know your feelings?  Preaching to the choir is cathartic, but not really productive: Get Crackin' !
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 06:37:32 AM »
Right now is not the time for NFOA members to try and make enemies with the Senator who holds the gate key to the Judiciary Committee. After the session, I think would be a great time to level a full out campaign with our members writing the NE GOP.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
Right now is not the time for NFOA members to try and make enemies with the Senator who holds the gate key to the Judiciary Committee. After the session, I think would be a great time to level a full out campaign with our members writing the NE GOP.

Agreed.

A-FIXER

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
ditto....