< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: UN Observers at Elections in Omaha!  (Read 2795 times)

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
Re: UN Observers at Elections in Omaha!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »
The UN is not a country, it is a world thug organization that is hell bent on controlling the US by any means possible.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »
The UN is not a country, it is a world thug organization that is hell bent on controlling the US by any means possible.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »

You make an excellent point, and one I agree with.  Most of the stuff we get from them for our money is sessions where the USA and/or Isreal get bashed.   Everything else is a waste of effort.
No credibility in my book.

My point was that we should be proud enough of how we do it to be willing to showcase it.  Obviously there are countries out there that could use the perspective, but I'm not sure that the UN is the agency to give it to them without a serious amount of bias.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
I think we do make our elections open to everyone. What other country has every tv station updating every minute of an election up until the time it is over? If someone wants to see how it's done, they can go to Youtube and watch, I'm sure there is something there.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »
The problem is th UN has an agenda, and it's not one that will benefit America. They want the elections to go a certain way and if Romney wins they will claim fraud.  They are not impartial observers.

Besides that, it's a matter of sovereignity.  We don't need other countries interfering in our political process.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
The problem is th UN has an agenda, and it's not one that will benefit America. They want the elections to go a certain way and if Romney wins they will claim fraud.  They are not impartial observers.

Besides that, it's a matter of sovereignity.  We don't need other countries interfering in our political process.

As has already been explained earlier in the thread, the United Nations is not sending observers to United States polling locations. An organization called OSCE (that is not a UN creature) is sending observers as part of an ongoing program that the United States has participated in for several decades. These observers have no authority to interfere with anything. They basically fill out a survey. None of them will be in Nebraska.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »
I was under the mistaken assumption that the OSCE was affiliated with the UN.  Regardless, I don't believe other countries have any business observing our elections.  I don't trust them to be impartial.  For that matter, I don't believe we should be involved in the elections of those countries, either,