< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Oleshome

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:31 PM »
I'm with Gigabelly... I plan on buying the Hornady AP Lock and Load and am a total newbie to reloading.  I'd be very interested in a class that was local (Lincoln).

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
I've got a Hornady LNL AP.

Everything taught in the class still has a direct bearing on the LNL AP.

There are some things that the class won't cover concerning the LNL AP, but the process and other stuff is *mostly* the same.

And safety is safety.  Components are components, etc.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline ckspeed

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »
I'm with Gigabelly... I plan on buying the Hornady AP Lock and Load and am a total newbie to reloading.  I'd be very interested in a class that was local (Lincoln).

^x2

Offline dukduk

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »
are you looking to these classes during weeknights only? I have myself plus 3 interested but not very flexible on time.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 06:06:20 AM »
dukduk

What time periods are needed by your group in order that all can attend??

gigabelly
oleshome

I know that both of you are in Lincoln.   We'd like to accomodate you, but hauling the reloading bench and equipment items to Lincoln is a bit of a task.   Now---I frequently drive from Omaha to shoot at Thunder Alley [Worth it to support Randy Lauer's efforts].   Not really a big deal.

Have you considered the possibility of driving to Papillion to attend??   About 40 minutes or so.   A thought for your consideration.

[BTW....we teach single-stage reloading to newbies.   Better to start there, load a few 1000 rounds and then move to turret or progressive presses.   Not at all impossible to start on the fast stuff, but more complex for new folks.   Plus....it helps early on to develop kind of a Reloader's "Feel" at each stage.]

sfg
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:22:06 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »
Well, driving to Papillion is not that big of a challenge, if the time is not too late.  We could carpool.  I have a Yukon XL (suburban) that can haul everyone.  Another idea, just thinking out-loud here, would be to use our equipment, down here.  The flaw in that plan is that though we have a press, we, or at least I, don't have the dies, primers, powder, or bullets.  Brass, I have. Everything else is impossible to find and I have them on backorder.  I would prefer a weekend.  Weeknights are kinda tough for me.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline Oleshome

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
Sorry should have been checking back more often.  I can do week nights or weekends.  I just need to plan.  Lincoln is more convenient but if push comes to shove i'd drive to Omaha too I guess.  If someone wants to email me if/when more information is available i'd appreciate it. ChrisO@oleshome.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »
Info on Scheduling Next Reloading Clinic

I am working just right now on several Concealed Carry and Hunter Ed classes that will be mostly finished by the end of next week.

Unfy and I then will get back on this Forum and come up with a schedule for another weekday evening 9mm cartridge reloading clinic at the Paragon Training Center in Papillion, NE.

We'll post the class right here as soon as we have a firm date.   Probably another Monday evening event.   Pretty much will be a reprise of the previous clinic.

Unfy has been working on his Lee press setup.   He can show it at the clinic.

unfy and sfg
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:39:10 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »
Mondays are good for me.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are out. 
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »
Unfy has been working on his Lee press setup.   He can show it at the clinic.

LOL!

Stud-ly stupid stuff out of wood with great looking knobs.

*cough*

It's a great example of building your own tools and stuff to make your life easier... and doing it on a budget :).  After the clinic, I'll prolly put pictures on the forum for people to laugh at :)

Anyhoo...

Things you have to bring to the class:

* Safety glasses or regular sturdy prescription glasses
* 10-15 empty / already fired 9mm brass cases
* Note taking stuff if you're into taking notes
* $20 cash

We'll supply everything else.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D