< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I voted today!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
I voted today!
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
I voted!

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: I voted today!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
Just got back from the polls.  Took my daughter with me as I always do, and we talked about the various candidates and issues as I filled out my ballot.

Offline Hermit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
I voted as well.

Offline LazyAce

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
Wife & I voted the first thing out this morning, just hope we all get what we want.  I think that they need to get rid of the elector vote and go the peoples choice for the prez.
LIFE`S SHORT---RIDE HARD

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »
Just got back from the polls.  Took my daughter with me as I always do, and we talked about the various candidates and issues as I filled out my ballot.
Good job, Dad. Didn't get to take my children, but my son told me about the mock election they did last week in social studies. I was very proud of his "votes".  It tells me he is paying attention
. ;)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:16:02 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
Wife & I voted the first thing out this morning, just hope we all get what we want.  I think that they need to get rid of the elector vote and go the peoples choice for the prez.

Completely disagree.  The EC serves a great purpose and the debates there in are lengthy.

As far as simple and quick reason -> my views tend to not align with the big city typical opinion.  Since city population will grow much quicker that would mean that those that big cities favor would have an advantage in the 'popularity contest'.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 06:20:43 PM »
Completely disagree.  The EC serves a great purpose and the debates there in are lengthy.

As far as simple and quick reason -> my views tend to not align with the big city typical opinion.  Since city population will grow much quicker that would mean that those that big cities favor would have an advantage in the 'popularity contest'.

I agree with unfy.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
My Beautiful Wife and I voted a coupla weeks ago.

We applied for early ballots, got them in the mail.

Sat down at the kitchen table with some coffee and talked it over.   So we marked our ballots up together, skipped the names we didn't know much about.   Googled them later.   Took us coupla days to get it all done, just messing around at our leisure.

Voted for pay increase for senators; hope Ernie Chambers calls to thank me.  Voted to keep term limits at two terms.   Buncha other stuff.   Hand-delivered them back to election hqs. when we were finished; live close by.

Long story short, an altogether excellent way to express one's franchise.  Beats standing in line at the polls.   We'll do it this way from here on out.

[PS - This way you get to see how your wife votes.   Can't do that at the polling station.]

sfg
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:53:13 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
grabbed sample ballot, did a bunch of research, including looking for other candidates for positions, wrote a cheat sheet to take with me.

filled in a few bubbles next to names, wrote in a few scooby doo's, and a few real names, and in general did my voting :).  saw someone working the station i hadn't talked to in a while (was a greeter)... casually shot the breeze for a few min... then went on to work