< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: AAR Legal Aspects fo Using Lethal Force Class-Chris Z of Nebraska CCW Training  (Read 1746 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
I attended the Legal Aspects of Using Lethal Force class on November 7, 2012 presented by Chris Zeeb of Nebraska CCW Training (http://www.neccwtraining.com/index.html).

For my day job, I recently participated in a training event titled "You don't know what you don't know".  This would be a fitting subtitle of the Legal Aspects class.  Going into the class, I had many ignorant misconceptions about the law (which I willingly displayed in class  ;D) that Chris Z straightened me out on.  Most of us think we have a firm understanding of the law and what we can/can't do in a life threatening situation, but I would suggest that even the most informed would learn something from this class.

The class did not just focus on your actions during a SD situation.  It also covered what to do prior to being involved in such an event to put you in a better legal position, and what to do (or not do) in the aftermath.  Whether you have a CHP or just have guns at home for self defense, this class will help you understand the legal quandary you could be in if you ever have to use lethal force to defend yourself.

If you look at the Nebraska CCW Training website, you will see that their class schedule is filled up with CCW courses, but the Legal Aspects class is only held once or twice a year.  Apparently, most people are interested in obtaining their CHP, but that is as far as they are willing to go.  If you have your CHP, you can not honestly say the CCW course fully prepared you for carrying a handgun.  IMHO this type of course should be something that each of us personally mandates for our continued pursuit of being a responsible gun owner.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
+1
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
I enjoyed the class thoroughly too, and would recommend it to anyone.  The time went quickly, which is the sign of a good instructor.  Thanks Chris!
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
I enjoyed the class thoroughly too, and would recommend it to anyone.  The time went quickly, which is the sign of a good instructor.  Thanks Chris!

HuskerXDM,

I didn't realize you were in the class.  Which one were you or where were you sitting?

Fly

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Thanks Guys!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
I am appalled by the ignorance I encounter by many permit holders.  There's so much more to carrying a firearm for SD purposes than carrying a firearm.  Chris' class should be on everyone's list of to-do's. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
I am appalled by the ignorance I encounter by many permit holders.  There's so much more to carrying a firearm for SD purposes than carrying a firearm.  Chris' class should be on everyone's list of to-do's. 

Completely and utterly agree.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
HuskerXDM,

I didn't realize you were in the class.  Which one were you or where were you sitting?

Fly

I was the talkative one in the back :)
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
I was the talkative one in the back :)

I should just ask if there are any other NFOA members attending when i am at one of these types of things.  Hopefully I don't meet one of the people that wants to punch me in the face.   ;D

Fly

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
I should just ask if there are any other NFOA members attending when i am at one of these types of things.  Hopefully I don't meet one of the people that wants to punch me in the face.   ;D

Fly

I tried but you were waaaayyy too fast.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Thanke

• Forum Member

Fly

I sat right next to you and it was good to meet you.

This is definitely a class everyone should jump all over. I thought it was congruent with a lot of Ayoob's concepts, but the best part about Chris' class is that it had all of the local/state nuances put in on top of it. It is well worth it's time.