< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Richland Arms 711 10ga SXS  (Read 4698 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Richland Arms 711 10ga SXS
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »
10 Gauge, Side By Side, 32 inch barrels with fixed bored full chokes.

Made in Spain, imported by Richland Arms during the 60's and 70's.

Barrels look to be in great shape and haven't been beat to hell by steel shot.

Some marks on the stock, missing the muzzle bead, and some bluing around the breach is gone.  And I managed to drop the fore end grip and crack it slightly :(.  All the serial numbers match.

My eventual plans for this thing are to make an NFA SBS out of it.  When I get the gumption, I'll be cutting it down to 18.5 myself... and later going the NFA route.  Of course, if someone wants to make a decent offer before I abuse it - that could change :) ... to me it's primarily just an NFA dream to chase.

Got plenty more pictures if anyone want'em.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Richland Arms 711 10ga SXS
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
I'ld rather see you use some cheaper shotgun, but alas i have no money to offer in exchange.

Tell ya what, I'll take it for free:)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Richland Arms 711 10ga SXS
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
These actually aren't terribly expensive... probably the cheapest 10ga side by side ya can find.  And yes, I insist on doing NFA stuff with a 10ga :).

I'll be holding off on doing anything to the gun until such time as I get a 10ga reloading press.... so... there's no huge rush heh.  Barring any antsy-compulsive (as SFG put it) itches, the reloading press will prolly be waiting until spring time.

After I get the press it'll be shooting it as is .. maybe even attempting trap with it heh.  Then the 18.5" cut down .... then a year later the SBS conversion.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D