< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firearm Training for Teachers  (Read 1323 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Firearm Training for Teachers
« on: December 22, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
I see the firearm association in Ohio (Buckeye Firearms Association; BFA) is offering free gun self defense training to teachers.  The NFOA should do the same thing in Nebraska.  If there is a shortage of NRA certified instructors in this state willing to offer their services to teachers for free, I'm sure there are many Nebraskans capable of becoming certified who would be more than happy to pick up the slack.  This is something we as a community should be doing, and NFOA could coordinate it.  Anyone have any ideas along these lines? 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
Re: Firearm Training for Teachers
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
I have contacted two CCW instructors and offered to pay for one educators class fee.  I have also spoken with a few people about putting together a letter to my legislators asking that certain members of the legislature not be allowed to return to the legislative committee.  I would also suggest that we all ask our legislators the same.  Anyone who is anti-gun not be on the legislative committee.  Chair and vice-chair especially need replacement. 

Furthermore, Rob Pincus with ICE training is offering free DVDs to educators if they allow them to be mailed to the school that show some defensive tactics against an active shooter in victim disarmament....er..gun free zone. Probably for a limited time.  My daughters school administrator approached me yesterday to help them devise a plan of action for active shooters at their school.  I sent the link to ICE to her and she ordered it. 

I think we should help educators who want a CCW permit but cannot pay for it.  In return, we ask for support for any future legislation to allow them to carry at their schools as they do in other states.  I understand that is a steep hill to climb politically, but I have think it is worth the attempt. 
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
I would donate to help cover teacher's CCW training.  I also think the NFOA really should look into setting something up. 

Here's a related project over on Arfcom, maybe we could partner with them?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1402637_The_Artemis_Project_NO_MORE_INNOCENT_VICTIMS.html

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
I'm on board as we already discussed Gigabelly

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
I'll jump on board also. Monetarily (or in a few month as an instructor). 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
How does one go about getting NRA certified?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
As a teacher and instructor, I'm on board with this.  Would be happy to teach/coteach/whatever.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
I'd be willing to become NRA certified and teach.  Does anyone know of a class coming up?  I've not started any of the NRA classes yet, so I'd be starting at the beginning.