< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bank President Busted for Having Handgun In Bank  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Bank President Busted for Having Handgun In Bank
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »
If this went down the way the article says it did he should be arrested for assault.  Pointing a gun at someone isn't funny.  It's a threat. 

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »
His son Mark was a VP at the bank and was busted several years ago for a meth fueled rampage and multiple DUI's.
I think he did a 3 year stay at the Nebraska State Bed and Breakfast.

The apple did not fall far form the tree.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »
What a dum bass...and this is the guy in charge??
Glad I don't bank there.
Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:16 PM »
His son Mark was a VP at the bank and was busted several years ago for a meth fueled rampage and multiple DUI's.
I think he did a 3 year stay at the Nebraska State Bed and Breakfast.

The apple did not fall far form the tree.

Lol Nebraska State Bed and Breakfast, never heard that one before.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
The son, IIRC, got over on several DUI's ...... charges mysteriously "went away" ..... until the meth rampage .....

..... I am betting this will "go away" as well.....

The bank (also IIRC) is in financial trouble, yet auditors have not closed it .....   

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
Yes, he SHOULD know better, but his behavior highlights his inexperience with both the gun AND the law.   There are penalties that apply and I have no doubt that they will be.  "I didn't know" excuses won't work.

However, the article, or the facts reported, are full of holes.   

First, we see the two principals talking and laughing at 7PM, as shown on the security camera, after this so-called "threatening" incident occurred.  Where's the threat?

Second, you have the "victim" claiming the laser was on her forehead.   Was the beam hot enough for her to feel it?  It would have to be,  for I am certain one cannot see their own forehead unless they use a mirror, which she wasn't.   She did say she saw it on the wall in front of her while she was setting at her desk, with her back to the guy.    Was there a mirror on the  wall next to  the entrance  to her office that she could see her image in and notice a laser dot on her forehead?   The article didn't mention any.

Third, the incident happened on Tuesday  and she waited to filed a report with the police about it on the following Saturday.    So,  for Wednesday, Thursday  and Friday she's OK going to work and working with her "threatening" BOSS without any expression or mention  of the fear or apprehension she claims on her report?

The facts, if they are facts, raises the question of her motive for filing such a late report.     It appears to me that sometime between Tuesday and Saturday she  realized that she could use the situation to her advantage by getting rid of her boss and getting brownie points from the  board at the same time.   It took  her only three days to figure that out.  Her only risk is that the board might not promote her to President of that branch.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
"I didn't know" excuses won't work.

You'd be suprised ..... the OBN (Old Boy Network) often defies the laws of both the State and Logic: It's not what you did that matters, but who you know.

Hide and watch......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.