< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Looking for a gun, asking for suggestions...  (Read 4970 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Looking for a gun, asking for suggestions...
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 03:50:53 PM »
I don't know how ambidextrous they are but have you looked into the M&P Shields, they are new but all the reports say they are easier to handle than most of the rest of the pocket type guns.  They have been kind of tough to get but I heard that S&W just shipped some to distributors recently, so some may be showing up in the area.

Offline D1sclaimer

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
If you are locked into pocket carry---either you are going to need huge pockets, or it is going to be 1) tiny, 2) low capacity, 3) painful for recoil unless it is a .22, .25, or .32, and 4) slow to access and use. 

Even with huge pockets, you are still going to be stuck with #4.
I respectfully disagree.  I pocket carry a Glock 33 in all of my pants.  I don't consider the 33's 9+1 capacity to be "high capacity," but that's more than any J Frame, SP101, LCP, LC9, or PF9.  The recoil is like shooting a full size 9mm and doesn't kick like a 380 Beretta 84 or nearly as much as a LC9.  I can have my hand in my pocket and holding the gun while it's still concealed in case I have to draw.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
Now We Are Getting Into the Heart of the Matter.......

Glock 33 in .357Sig.   My Winter Carry handgun.   Replaces the Kahr PM9 six months of the year.

Yes to That One.   W/CTC Laser, of course.

sfg

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:04:14 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
While I have no use for front pocket carry at all. This might be of aid to some.

http://ccwbreakaways.com/
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger