< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Your thoughts? Just a concerned citizen of the US...  (Read 2579 times)

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Your thoughts? Just a concerned citizen of the US...
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
So....

As I look through the other threads on this site and others, the term (and similar) "hope and pray that" keeps appearing.  Suggesting that we just sit and wait for what will happen.

If you have not taken action to contact at least your state politicians, then be ready to accept what ever happens.  People need to know who they represent and be prepared to represent. 

Lots of opinion and soapbox correction, but what are you willing to do to prevent the possible?

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 07:57:14 PM »
I am not sure if you are asking me directly.  I did post "hope and pray" in another post.

I am in the process of signing petitions as well as writing different senators & representatives.

I will probably write a few other people as well.

How about you?
"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
NO...not singling out anyone.
Good job...hope others follow the lead.
YES I HAVE!!!

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
I have been writing a lot to our representatives.  I actually have received letters back via the US Mail.  For me, its a good start.  Please let me know if there are other things I can get invovled with.
"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
I think the real question we need to ask  (some of) our representatives:  Why do you feel it is so important for the citizens to be disarmed?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:14 AM »
I think the real question we need to ask  (some of) our representatives:  Why do you feel it is so important for the citizens to be disarmed?

[devil's advocate]Because if we can save just one life it will be worth it.[/devil's advocate]