< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Here it is:  (Read 11983 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Here it is:
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »
Good for me? Ha, one might think the rest of "you" have nothing to lose in this fight...It is time to WAKE UP!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Ok good for US!

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2012, 08:57:38 PM »
I hate to say this, and I feel that there is a huge amount of people that think this, but, if they pass this bill as written, things will get bloody.  >:D

This IS the "LINE IN THE SAND" that could turn this country into chaos.

Without the 2nd Amendment, the rest of them don't matter, cause they will no longer exist.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
I hate to say this, and I feel that there is a huge amount of people that think this, but, if they pass this bill as written, things will get bloody.  >:D

This IS the "LINE IN THE SAND" that could turn this country into chaos.

Without the 2nd Amendment, the rest of them don't matter, cause they will no longer exist.

Even if 1 out of every 10,000 gun owners resists it will be a bloodbath the likes of which this country has never seen outside of an all out war.

Offline instag8tr

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2012, 07:52:06 AM »
If the government turns you into a criminal be the best criminal you can be.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 09:15:18 AM »
I am actually surprised she went this far- I expected her to ram through the same 94 AWB, "for now, until we can do something more." That same law would have had a very good chance of passing. Of course, this one may be watered down so much that it will be essentially the same as the old one.

Edited to add: here is the NRA-ILA's analysis of the supposed bill
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/feinstein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

However- I read what was on her website (felt bad about actually accessing her site...but I felt I had to...) but it seems the NRA is assuming that semi-autos in the registry can't be transferred, and have to be surrendered to the GOV on the owners death. I don't see that anywhere in her summary.

Does the NRA-ILA have some access to something we haven't seen yet?

NRA's assumption:
"Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government."

I will let you find Feinsteins bill summary on your own, I really don't want to link to it from here. I feel dirty enough after looking at her site.

Also- what the hell is the "one military feature" that will make the firearm an "evil assault weapon"? Guess we won't know for sure until the bill is officially introduced.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:19:33 AM by dkarp »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
dkarp, see the first item on Feinstein's list bans the SALE, TRANSFER, or manufacture.  So by banning all sales or transfers of all "assault weapons" their would not be the ability to do so with one on the registry.

One military feature: Pistol Grip, flash suppressor or muzzle brake, adjustable or folding stock, bayonet mount, that shoulder thing that goes up, etc.  The last "assault weapon's" ban allowed two items from the list.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 09:32:05 AM »
dkarp, see the first item on Feinstein's list bans the SALE, TRANSFER, or manufacture.  So by banning all sales or transfers of all "assault weapons" their would not be the ability to do so with one on the registry.

One military feature: Pistol Grip, flash suppressor or muzzle brake, adjustable or folding stock, bayonet mount, that shoulder thing that goes up, etc.  The last "assault weapon's" ban allowed two items from the list.

Just to clarify, it seems that flash hiders and bayonet lugs are no longer "evil features." I am thinking that now the "military feature" will be the pistol grip/thumbhole stock or any variation thereof.

Text from the summary on her page:

"Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and"

Also, later on in her summary in the ATF registry section it mentions a "background check of any owner and any transferee", I'm confused. If they can't be transferred, why a background check on any transferee?

Maybe it's a case of someone in her office cutting and pasting the ATF regulations relating to machine guns, and the text of the actual bill will address this for "assault weapons"?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:36:32 AM by dkarp »

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
I am actually surprised she went this far- I expected her to ram through the same 94 AWB, "for now, until we can do something more." That same law would have had a very good chance of passing. Of course, this one may be watered down so much that it will be essentially the same as the old one.

Edited to add: here is the NRA-ILA's analysis of the supposed bill
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/feinstein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

However- I read what was on her website (felt bad about actually accessing her site...but I felt I had to...) but it seems the NRA is assuming that semi-autos in the registry can't be transferred, and have to be surrendered to the GOV on the owners death. I don't see that anywhere in her summary.

Does the NRA-ILA have some access to something we haven't seen yet?

NRA's assumption:
"Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government."

I will let you find Feinsteins bill summary on your own, I really don't want to link to it from here. I feel dirty enough after looking at her site.

Also- what the hell is the "one military feature" that will make the firearm an "evil assault weapon"? Guess we won't know for sure until the bill is officially introduced.

Is there a source for the information about turning in weapons upon death?

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2012, 09:46:15 AM »
Not that I have seen- the only info I have seen is from Feinstein's website, (shudder) that has a page with a "summary of 2013 legislation" here:

h t t p://w w w.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons ( I just can't bring myself to hotlink to her site, hence the spaces in the URL).   :'(

There is also a link to a PDF with exactly the same information:

h t tp://w w w.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=10993387-5d4d-4680-a872-ac8ca4359119

None of this has anything about forfeiture upon the owner's death......not to say she won't have it in the actual language of the bill...it's just not in the summary.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »

Are you F'in joking?? NFA registration of all semi auto firearms capable of holding more than 10 rounds is absolute tyranny, not to mention the total ban on millions of existing magazines over 10 rounds

Hmmm, seems I didn't make myself clear.

I see nothing in this proposed idea of legislation that will make one bit of difference about crime.  Not one thing.  All I see here is an opportunity to again make law abiding citizens into criminals.  Not one bit of substance.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
Hmmm, seems I didn't make myself clear.

I see nothing in this proposed idea of legislation that will make one bit of difference about crime.  Not one thing.  All I see here is an opportunity to again make law abiding citizens into criminals.  Not one bit of substance.

Ron

I take it as a given that all gun control is lacking substance ... I apologize for reacting with such vitriol.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Not that I have seen- the only info I have seen is from Feinstein's website, (shudder) that has a page with a "summary of 2013 legislation" here:

h t t p://w w w.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons ( I just can't bring myself to hotlink to her site, hence the spaces in the URL).   :'(

There is also a link to a PDF with exactly the same information:

h t tp://w w w.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=10993387-5d4d-4680-a872-ac8ca4359119

None of this has anything about forfeiture upon the owner's death......not to say she won't have it in the actual language of the bill...it's just not in the summary.

I wonder what, if anything, they have planned for all those NFA Trusts that have multiple owners with equal rights of ownership?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »
I wonder what, if anything, they have planned for all those NFA Trusts that have multiple owners with equal rights of ownership?

I also was wondering if there would be some profit for the lawyers......

\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline muleshemi

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »
anyone have a link to contact Fisher?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline muleshemi

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »
found that, Didn't know if that would get read by a staffer or campaign helper.

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
found that, Didn't know if that would get read by a staffer or campaign helper.

I sent her a private message on her personal facebook page.
She didn't de-friend me so hopefully that's a good sign.  lol
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

For all practical  purposes the  Bill  of Rights has  already been eviscerated,  for security reasons of course.  The PATRIOT Act, the RICCO Act, the NSA letters and a host of Presidential  Executive Orders have essentially nullified the following amendments  to the Bill of Rights:

!A -- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2A -- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

4A -- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

5A -- No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb, nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

6A -- In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed; which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defence.

8A -- Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

9A -- The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10A -- The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

11A -- The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

It is amazing to me considering that the oath of office for the President is:
Each president recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

and our Federal civil  "servants" must swear this oath:
I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
For all practical  purposes the  Bill  of Rights has  already been eviscerated,  for security reasons of course.  The PATRIOT Act, the RICCO Act, the NSA letters and a host of Presidential  Executive Orders have essentially nullified the following   all amendments  to the Bill of Rights:

Excellent post GreyGeek.

Here is another look into world history. I really hope everyone understands what could become of the Country that we love.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/back-to-the-future-what-history-teaches-about-gun-confiscations_122012

Ronald Reagan