< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA will do another interview  (Read 973 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
NFOA will do another interview
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
Will be on the radio again tomorrow, Alive at Five with David Leonard on KYNT 1450 out of Yankton. We will record the show tomorrow afternoon and it will air at 5 pm tomorrow. This will stream on http://www.kynt1450.com/

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Re: NFOA will do another interview
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
How did it go this morning?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »
How did it go this morning?

Yeah, I'm interested to hear what kind of reception you got.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
Wished there was more time but it seemed to have went well, got a couple of emails and phone calls that thought it went very well.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
I heard it.  Sounded OK to me.

The best response tack taken that I have seen re: "Assault Rifles" and "armed staff/CCW in schools" was in Tom Gresham's Truth Squad e-mail:

Bring them to the facts gently and in baby steps. Once they say something like, "Well, I don't see why anyone needs an assault rifle," don't hammer them with the definition of assault rifle. Start out with, "Well, I can understand why you might feel that way if you were to believe what the media says, but there's actually a lot more to it. You might not know that these are not really military weapons. They look like military guns, but that's kind of the same thing as a 'replicar' which is a Volkswagen chassis with a fake Corvette body. You might also not know that this kind of rifle is used in national shooting competitions and by hunters all over the country."

One step at a time.   

Asking questions is a good way to bring someone over.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if a police officer with a gun had been able to shoot this murderer before he killed so many children?

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if a trained security officer with a gun had been able to shoot this murderer before he killed so many children?

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if a trained volunteer with a gun had been able to shoot this murderer before he killed so many children?

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if a trained teacher or administrator with a gun had been able to shoot this murderer before he killed so many children?

If you agree with the first, what would prevent you from agreeing with the last?

That was Gold.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »
Jim totally agree with you.  There is a difference though between doing an interview with someone like Tom Gresham and a normal radio show (especially one in Omaha).  In the Gun Talk forum you can very well control the conversation because you are dealing with someone that is going to give you your leading questions and will give you the time needed.  Doing a show like the morning show, while they are not anti's they are going to be more "centrist" in their questions and try to control the conversation, it is harder to get your point across and answers must be more controlled.  You don't want to come off sounding like a nut, that hurts instead of helping.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
Don't know how well I did but just got done recording this interview, David Leonard is a friend to firearm owners and we got a bit more into the weeds so to speak. We discussed history and world events related to our latest issue as well as taking on the issue with some things that can be done about the mass shootings. Please forgive me as I get a little long winded there.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
I understand the difficulties- I have had to play nice with the likes of Dianna Schimek and Brad Ashford in public .... when I really would rather not speak to such people.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.