< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Damn Those AR's!  (Read 912 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Damn Those AR's!
« on: December 23, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Damn Those AR's!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
Still don't know if I should laugh or cringe when hearing the term "assault rifle".

Anchor person seemed surprised a 15 year old actually hit a criminal. 

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
Had to listen twice....   the home the burglers targeted belonged to a "Precinct One Deputy Constable"...    ;D   Not a good selection on their part..

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
I never heard about this until I saw it in a story  about  the Sandy Hook shooting.  There are several other sites  which recently quoted this video, but in checking I discovered that the event mentioned in the video occurred on June 29, 2010, over 2 years ago.   I don't recall  hearing about it back then.

Guns are used defensively over 2 million times a year, but media bias against the 2A and guns is so pervasive that one rarely sees a story of DGU on the national media unless it can be twisted to support the anti-2a agenda, usually because of a graphic images that most people find repulsive.

There are several  sites that list recent DGU.
http://www.learnaboutguns.com/2009/01/30/examples-of-armed-self-defense/
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdguse.html
and  those are just two of many.

However, citing them in sites like this is just "preaching to the  choir".   Major media will never publish stories like these, so our only use of them is in debates with anti-2A folks, but these facts just fall  off their ears like water off of a duck's back.