< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NE CHP Instructor Certification Renewal  (Read 1716 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
NE CHP Instructor Certification Renewal
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
The NE State Patrol website is silent on the procedures and requirements for renewal of the Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit instructor certification.

So----Any and all of you who are CHP instructors and have successfully renewed your NE CHP certifications are invited to speak up on the process.

What did you have to do to renew?

How long did it take?

How much did it cost?

And whatever else might be of use to other CHP instructors who will be entering the CHP instructor renewal process.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: NE CHP Instructor Certification Renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
I haven't renewed yet, but here is the official process. 

024 INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS

024.04 The instructor certification is valid for a period of three years unless sooner revoked. An instructor wishing to renew the instructor certification shall:
024.04A submit a new application for instructor certification;
024.04B submit to fingerprinting and pay the fee for a new criminal history information check; and
024.05 Upon verification that the firearm safety instructor meets the qualifications for an instructor, the Nebraska State Patrol shall renew the registration of the firearm safety instructor and notify the instructor he/she continues to meet the requirements to be a Handgun Training and Safety Course instructor.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
HuskerXDM

Thanks for the quick, clear response.

Guess if I could stay awake long enough to read all the way to the end of the NAC document, it woulda popped up and hit me 'tween the eyes.

Next year is my renewal year.   Probably a good idea to start early.

Thanks again.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »
No problem, post up when you go through it.  I'd like to know how long it takes too.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »
Yewbetcha!

sfg

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
No problem, post up when you go through it.  I'd like to know how long it takes too.

How long did it take when you originally got your CHL Instructor certification?  Did you have Loveless check your curriculum before you put in your application?  Or did you just apply and send everything in at once?

And once you applied, how long did it take for them to certify you? 

If you don't mind answering.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
How long did it take when you originally got your CHL Instructor certification?  Did you have Loveless check your curriculum before you put in your application?  Or did you just apply and send everything in at once?

And once you applied, how long did it take for them to certify you? 

If you don't mind answering.  :)

Sure... My situation was a little unique because my brother and I had co-written our curriculum and he had already submitted the information and was approved.  I resubmitted because we aren't always working together and I made a few tweaks that fit my style of teaching.  Sgt. Loveless called and cleared my application fairly quickly (I'd have to check, but as I recall it was slightly over a month) because he recognized the name and curriculum.  Some other instructors at the time were telling me to be patient to the tune of 4-5 months, but I don't know how accurate that was/is. 

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »
My cert took about 4 months....and you will hear NOTHING back until you get your creds.  Sent a few inquiring emails to see if my stuff received, any further needed info, does SGT Loveless really exist, etc.   Alas, nothing until my package came.  Interestingly was told my curriculum needed some minor tweaking, but he was approving for my scheduled courses and he would get back to me for said tweaks.  2 years later have not heard back so I continue to proceed until further notice and none of my grads have been rejected......