< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hey Hollywood!  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Hey Hollywood!
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:26:30 AM »

Hypocrite much?
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline ckspeed

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Hey Hollywood!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
Sickening, considering the entertainment industry and media should shoulder most ofI the blame to begin with.

Maybe we need to look st the 1st Amendment a little more than the 2nd........

Dont think for a minute that if our cherished 2nd Amendment rights are on the table, that their 1st Amendment is safe.

Nobody is protesting these movies, games, and media that glorify these activities, why?

We have a culture problem, not a gun problem.

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
That's powerful.  Hypocrites, indeed.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Lindy

• Steel Benefactor
Hollywood Hypocrisy
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »
Hypocritical much? Stars that use a gun violently in a movie or TV show, but are against real gun violence or your abilty to obtain the gun of your choice.....

Sorry for the language, may want to consider before reposting or I believe you have an option to turn it off.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
The glorification of violence and "bad boys", largely by Hollywood, is a contributing factor to our problems IMHO.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
I for one, refuse to spend one hard earned nickel on anything these idiots put out for entertainment.
Some people think I am crazy, but I think it is my little way to make a statement, plus it keeps me out of movie theaters where I could be shot!! ;D

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 10:41:41 AM »
What do we expect from people who play dress-up and pretend ? Shall Not Be Infringed ! Call the people who are supposed to represent us. Be the itch that turns into a rash and won`t go away!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
Doh! Double post.

DanW...please delete.

Fly
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:29:46 AM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »
I for one, refuse to spend one hard earned nickel on anything these idiots put out for entertainment.
Some people think I am crazy, but I think it is my little way to make a statement, plus it keeps me out of movie theaters where I could be shot!! ;D

Greg58

I agree.  When I was younger I used to love going to the movies.  Sometimes I would see two or more a week, but as I grow older (and maybe wiser) it sickens me to fund a group of people who stand firmly on the opposite side of the fence on issues I deem gravely important.

IMHO, I think these artists know that their lives are shallow and meaningless.  So they are struggling to find that one cause which will make them feel they have some value in this world. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 11:44:59 AM »
They are very few and far-between, but there are some in Hollywood that seem to be on "our side."

http://www.bing.com/search?q=brad+pitt+shooting+range

Though, enjoying guns and actually advocating the protection of the second amendment are two different things, I guess -- as evidenced by the video in the first post.

I can't find the clip right now, but "Ice T" is another one that I've actually seen defend the 2A on camera.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn’t even know who over half of those people are?

I bet they got paid good for that though. 

Offline Lindy

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Hollywood Hypocrisy
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Just got around to reading other posts and realized this was posted elsewhere earlier in the day, but still want to point it out.

Offline Lindy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
This young man provides a blistering rebuke for our privledged celebrities....and makes a few demands of his own!