< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Has the GOP already caved?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
Has the GOP already caved?
« on: December 31, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
Has anybody seen or heard about this?

there would be bipartisan, bicameral, in Congress for a bill addressing high-capacity magazines, mental health, enforcement of existing law, and making some tweaks to background check laws.

http://docthompsonshow.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/the-republicans-have-already-given-in/

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Has the GOP already caved?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
I saw that yesterday.  All I'm getting from that is that one person is ok with caving, not necessarily the whole GOP.  And we don't even know if the person who wrote that is a Senator, Representative, a Congressional aide, or even someone's spouse. 

My .02, this letter changes nothing.  We still need to be hitting Congress HARD with letters, phone calls, and email.

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:42:56 PM »
We still need to be hitting Congress HARD with letters, phone calls, and email.

Agreed

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
I'm cautiously optimistic about no Federal legislation. Komrade Feinstein's bill has 0 chance to pass as is, but might get watered-down enough to escape the Senate- but I doubt it. I think gun-control in any form passing the House is unlikely.

However, I fully expect the Buffoon in Chief to 'do something' about imports with Exec Orders and would bet the farm on several states (the usual suspects) implementing even more draconian 'Assault-Weapon' bans, Magazine restrictions, etc. The bad deal for those behind enemy lines in the Northeast & California is about to get worse.

ETA- I believe we MUST speak up to keep pressure on, even those that are pro 2A.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:52:36 PM by Hardwood83 »
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
For once congressional gridlock could be a good thing for us.  It's hard to see the house and senate agreeing on much of anything these days.   ;D
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin