< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obama's secret plan to reclassify your guns  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Obama's secret plan to reclassify your guns
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/obamas-secret-plan-to-reclassify-your-guns/

“We have some confidential information that he may order the ATF to reclassify certain models of semi-automatic firearms as Title 2 guns under the Gun Control Act of 1968,” Snyder told WND. “What this would mean is that people could not obtain these without going through a terribly difficult process that includes registration of each firearm and paying a severe fee for the ownership of each one.”

Snyder said an even more drastic approach from Obama would be to try to ban semiautomatic weapons altogether.

“Also, there is the possibility that the administration could try to declare that semi-automatic firearms are fully automatic firearms or machine guns under this Title 2, in which case they would be banned because of an amendment that’s on the books, the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Snyder is referring to what’s known as the Hughes Amendment, which forbids the acquisition of any new fully automatic weapons or machine guns.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/obamas-secret-plan-to-reclassify-your-guns/#l5ViCbk2uAs4QD7A.99

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/obamas-secret-plan-to-reclassify-your-guns/#l5ViCbk2uAs4QD7A.99
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline billjd72

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Obama's secret plan to reclassify your guns
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
This is unconstitutional.... Well I thought obamacare was unconstitutional too. I will have "sold" all of my semi-auto guns before this takes effect.

Offline ckspeed

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:14:20 PM »
"Even if the Obama administration were to bypass Congress by imposing new regulations, there is still one card left for pro-Second Amendment forces to play: The House of Representatives could remove funding for the ATF or abolish it completely."

Hey, now here's an idea to save some tax dollars.... :laugh:

Next on the list, the IRS.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:36 AM »
Last i checked semi-auto firearms were not fully automatic...
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline hinkski

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
Clarifying the purpose of the 2nd amendment it wasn’t for target shooting or hunting or anything else in that realm. Whether they like it or not or whether they agree with it or not, the reason why 2nd amendment exists is to arm the population in order to overthrow a tyrannical government.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »
Last i checked semi-auto firearms were not fully automatic...

Unfortunately, most people think you can just flip the switch on the side of your "assualt weapon" from safety to semi auto and then to full auto...

How else could you possibly send 600 rounds per minute through your bushmaster??

66bigblock

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:04:36 PM by 66bigblock »
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »

Unfortunately, most people think you can just flip the switch on the side of your "assualt weapon" from safety to semi auto and then to full auto...

How else could you possibly send 600 rounds per minute through your bushmaster??

66bigblock

Good point. I wish they understood those happy switches are basically cost prohibitive for us poor folk.:)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.