< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Want to try LASR in person?  (Read 2946 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Want to try LASR in person?
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »
If you want to try LASR (previously known as target tracker) in person, stop by our booth at the Lincoln Gun Show, January 26th and 27th, at the Lancaster Events Center.

This is our first public demo. We will have several targets and several weapons/laser training aides for you to try out.

http://www.mwts-training.com/LASR
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:20:45 PM by wallace11bravo »

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
Re: Want to try LASR in person?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
FYI:

We ran into a trademark issue with the name "Target Tracker," so after much deliberation, we settled on a new name:

L.A.S.R.

Laser Activated Shot Reporter

There is a new URL as well, but the old URL is still live and will take you to a redirect page.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
We will also be giving out a limited number of free trial codes. These will allow you to download and use LASR for a limited amount of time.

The price for LASR has been set at $65 for the basic version and $95 for the pro version. It will be officially hitting the market this weekend. Since the previous videos posted here, there have been a number of upgrades and features added. Check the link below to see the features of the different versions and compatible hardware notes.

http://www.mwts-training.com/LASR/hardware-notes

And of course, stop by our booth at the Lincoln Gun Show this weekend to try LASR for yourself with a variety of different targets and laser training aides. If your lucky, you might get to be in our promo video ;)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »
i'm so going to try this.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:33 AM »
So, is it first come, first served?  I wanna check it out
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »
Thanks for stopping by the booth today. We were kept pretty busy and definetly generated some interest. We'll be out there again tomorrow, so feel free to stop by.

LASR is official for sale, as of right meow:
http://www.centrolutions.com/products/lasr-laser-activated-shot-reporter

More info at:

We made another quick demo video:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:51:14 PM by wallace11bravo »

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »
I found the LaserLyte for .40 but not for 5.56. What was the rig you had set up, or where can I find something that will work? 

Also, any problem working outside with it? Provided the laser shows up well enough.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:07:40 AM »
Also, can you run more than one screen at a time? Could you set up a shoot house with web cams in several rooms and run them simultaneously through the same computer?

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
Drove down two hours with a primary intent to check out the LASR....had to finally leave (time restraint) with barely a look sideways...busy place!
Thanks for the videos. Best way to check things out.

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
Thanks for letting me try it, very cool.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 05:29:26 PM »
I found the LaserLyte for .40 but not for 5.56. What was the rig you had set up, or where can I find something that will work? 

For the AR platform, I highly recomend the SIRT AR Bolt. It allows for follow up shots, is functionally correct with the safety, and simulates ~6lb trigger pull. Here is the red laser model:
SIRT AR Bolt Red

If you are looking for a simple .223 chamber insert (will work with other action types) we recommend the Laser Ammo insert found here:
Laser Ammo .223 insert

We/I am/are currently playing with the idea of becoming retailers for Next Level Training (makers of SIRT products) and Laser Ammo. When/if we do another show, we will definetly have CD copies of LASR and the laser training aids for sale.

Also, any problem working outside with it? Provided the laser shows up well enough.

Generally speaking we don't recommend outdoor use, but it is theoretically possible, as long as lighting conditions were relatively constant (think clouds) and the laser device is bright enough. You would most likely have to adjust the brightness on your webcam, but LASR will prompt you if this is necessary.

Also, can you run more than one screen at a time? Could you set up a shoot house with web cams in several rooms and run them simultaneously through the same computer?

You can definetly run more than one screen, provided your computer is capable. As far as running multiple cameras from one machine; that is going to depend on the processing power of your computer. We allow LASR to run multiple instances (windows), so as long as you set the camera feed in each instance to the one desired, and you computer is capable of handling it all, it would work.

If you do get multiple cameras working, we expect a video ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:36:59 PM by wallace11bravo »

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
Thanks to everyone that stopped by to try it out. I had fun meeting you and showing you what we've been obsessed with for the last couple months.  :D

If you have a laser training device and want to give it a try, please contact us. We still have some trial licenses left to give out.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »
I am wondering about using this as an active shooter training for our facility.  I suspect the target has to be stationary.  It couldn't be a bad guy..like really a guy playing a bad guy. Right?

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 07:49:27 PM »
I am wondering about using this as an active shooter training for our facility.  I suspect the target has to be stationary.  It couldn't be a bad guy..like really a guy playing a bad guy. Right?

Interesting idea... You are the second person to ask about moving targets. However, right now, we only support static targets. The target could be a real person, but they would need to stay stationary.
I bet wallace11bravo could help you come up with some interesting ideas with static targets, though.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »
I think you could get this up and running and go to facilities all over the country to do active shooter training.  Couple that with a TCCC course, and you have a great package that could be used in banks, schools, churches etc.... 

I see potential here...

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
i wanted to come over and try it out, but every time i looked over, you guys had people trying them out.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:18 PM »
Another product consideration:

Randomized targets that would position over the set target. To provide decision making senerio.  Picture targets of good guy / bad guy.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 10:30:29 PM »
We/I am/are tentatively planning on being at the KC gun show. We will have LASR set up for people to try out with a variety of laser training devices.

We/I will have a decent inventory of laser training aides for sale, including SIRT products and laser ammo inserts at very reasonable prices, as well as license codes for L.A.S.R. that you can purchase on the spot. I will be able to accept credit/debit or cash, no checks.

BTW, hardware and setup videos are in editing right now, they will be available soon. Things are happening pretty fast right now with all this, on top of my commitments to the training detachment, college, training side of my business, personal life, and NFOA commitments. I apologize if I do not have the time or energy to respond to your PMs, calls, or emails in a prompt fashion, but I do finally have this weekend off, and I hope to catch up then :)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »
It is official. We will be at the KCI Gun Show, Feb 16-17. If you want to try LASR in person, stop on by. We will have some very nice package pricing for our software with SIRT products and Laser Ammo inserts.

(There is also a new, in-depth setup and hardware video on my site)

(Also, in case you were wondering if it was a internet rumor, you can indeed fax ATF 5320.20s in for expedited turn around)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »