< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Biden: Executive action can be taken on guns  (Read 860 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Biden: Executive action can be taken on guns
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
"The president is going to act. There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet, but we're compiling it all ... as well as legislative action, we believe, is required," he said.

Full story at Politico:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/biden-executive-action-can-be-taken-on-guns-153729.html

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Biden: Executive action can be taken on guns
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »
I'm guessing a ban on the import of mags, rifles, and ammunition. 

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
I think he will try to redefine the semi-automatic rifles as fully automatic and put them under NFA. If he does that we should impeach him. I don't think the Republican House will pass Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban & Registration bill.

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »
I think that impeaching him is a reasonable idea.

The President should know and understand the Constitution.  He should also know the limits and boundaries of the Federal Govt.

He should be impeached & also charged with treason.  A ban on firearms infringes upon our Second Amendment Rights.  To ban any type of firearm is a betrayal to our Country and our Citizens.

There should be an additional charge for attempts to dismantle the Constitution.

My two cents.
"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »
I think that impeaching him is a reasonable idea.

The President should know and understand the Constitution.  He should also know the limits and boundaries of the Federal Govt.

He should be impeached & also charged with treason.  A ban on firearms infringes upon our Second Amendment Rights.  To ban any type of firearm is a betrayal to our Country and our Citizens.

There should be an additional charge for attempts to dismantle the Constitution.

My two cents.

Sounds fantastic in theory...but it would be very difficult to get the final 2/3 Senate vote to get him removed from office.  I'm not sure how much power an impeached/acquitted president would still have, but at least it would be a start.