< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Table at Lincoln Gun Show  (Read 5331 times)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Table at Lincoln Gun Show
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
i'm good either day Brian, just let me know what time i need to show up. i may venture out from time to time to inspect the offerings, but I am open all day both days unless something tragic comes up.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
i plan on being there first thing Saturday morning (830am-ish).  i have a few things to sell and to meet up with the buyers.  otherwise i think i can be at the show most of Saturday.... depends on when the wife wants me back home.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 06:45:49 AM »
Ok guys, I got the info back from the show organizer.  I'm going to set up the table & pick up the packet Friday night, so I'll have your door passes then.  If you want to just call me when you get to the show on Saturday I can run out to the door and give yours to you.  They require that exhibitors wear the passes at all times.

I have brochures for both the Ikes and NFOA, a poster for the Ikes, and an NFOA banner.  I also have raffle tickets for the NFOA lower receiver giveaway, so I'll bring a cashbox.  I'm not too worried about the other stuff, but we'll need to make sure the raffle tickets and cash go with someone if the table is left unattended.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 07:33:57 AM »
sweet!  thanx BK!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »
Sounds good man, i can be there first thing saturday if you want to call on the way by. You will be going right past my place...

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
I just don't understand why anyone would rather go hang out with a bunch of women than Ray and I.  We're a couple of pretty good looking dudes, IMHO.
Actually, BK, I had thought about getting a pic of you, me, Robert H and the other Novembeard-ers, and post it on my table as an incentive, nay, PLEA for the ladies to join. ' We want YOU to join the NFOA.... Because Saturday morning breakfast is... Well it just ain't purty!"
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »
Do we ever do something like have a Big kitty jar on the table.
For people to just leave totally Anonymous donations to help us fight for everyone's guns rights ?
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
Actually, BK, I had thought about getting a pic of you, me, Robert H and the other Novembeard-ers, and post it on my table as an incentive, nay, PLEA for the ladies to join. ' We want YOU to join the NFOA.... Because Saturday morning breakfast is... Well it just ain't purty!"

Oh god, this killed me...i'm done for lol

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »

So your using scare tactics to get them to join ?  ;D
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Maverick

• NFOA Full Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 06:48:51 PM »
Will you have decals & member patches for sale?  May be able to make it tomorrow

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 07:00:06 PM »

So your using scare tactics to get them to join ?  ;D

I'm a woman and I didn't need scare tactics LOL.  I didn't even know about this group just found it on another website when I was doing research on what's going on with gun laws and thought I'd join.
ZERO PLANNING ON YOUR PART CONSTITUTES AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
I'm a woman and I didn't need scare tactics LOL.  I didn't even know about this group just found it on another website when I was doing research on what's going on with gun laws and thought I'd join.

Welcome to the group!  Stop by and say hi if you're at the show this weekend.

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
I would love to but I won't be able to make it I'm coming to Lincoln on Monday to register a semi with my husband and meeting up with one of the guys here on this site.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
Oh...I didn't notice the "McCook" under your name.  Probably a long way to drive for a gun show. :)

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »
It is a long way LOL about 4 hours.  My boys would go nuts looking at all the guns.  This Christmas we went to Casper to see my oldest boy who moved up there and we went to a couple of gun shops and they loved seeing the different guns.  We even saw an English made one that was an Elephant gun that was worth $250,000 it was in really great condition and I wish now I would have gotten a picture of it.  The guy did let me hold it but told me if I dropped it I'd have to buy it. :D

Offline msspatz

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
Ok I found the pawn shop on the web and he does have a picture of it just kind of hard to see but I will post it.  I don't know if the guy will ever sell it because of the big price tag.  The gun had really pretty metal tooling on it and the bore looked excellent for as old as it was.  He said it was made in England and the year was in the 1800's.  Maybe one of you guys will know what kind of gun this is even though it's not the best picture of it.

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »

I was there from about noon to 3pm.  I didn't see the NFOA table.  Where are/were you guys? 

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
It looked like the gun show had large turn out.  How much traffic did the table get. 

Farmer Rick, how many Marlins and CZ's did you end up with :)

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Last row facing away from the entrance. 
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 07:28:14 PM »
It looked like the gun show had large turn out.  How much traffic did the table get. 

Farmer Rick, how many Marlins and CZ's did you end up with :)

We sold about 60 raffle tickets, had probably $60-75 in other donations, and gave out a whole bunch of brochures.  There were a lot of people who had never heard of us before and the response was very positive.  Hopefully tomorrow is just as successful.