General Categories > Hunting and Fishing

turkey hunting

(1/3) > >>

huskergun:
Hunting turkeys in the morning. CAN"T FREAKIN WAIT !!!!! ;D ;D

JimP:
Good luck,........ and I hope you don't run intoany bobcats........

http://www.nebraskafirepower.com/forum/index.php?topic=471.0

Jay:
Good luck! I love turkey hunting with the kids, but stepson is in Kansas for JROTC and daughter is with her mom this weekend. It's not nearly as much fun for me without them, so I think the bride and I are going antiquing tomorrow.

huskergun:
 I got into the perfect place this morning. Turkeys where gobblin hard and only 50 yards away on the roost. Unfortunatly they flew down away from me. Not a problem I'll just adapt and overcome. Sounds like a plan right? Ya know start stalking them a little bit. But for second time this week I had my hunt screwed up by coyotes.  2 of them today. Tuesday 3 of them ran the birds off as they were coming back to the roost. I'm done. Tommorow may just turn out to be a varmit hunt. AR15 or the 30-06 are cleaned up and ready. The land owner suspects that is what got their first born calf this year.
 I then went to another piece of land and had the the birds going again and again I got screwed. This time by trespassing mushroom hunters. I was pi@#ed.  >:(Let's just say they left pretty quick.  ;DWith no mushrooms. Besides I had already check the area out and they weren't popping up yet. The dumb ass even drove his company vehicle....So.....I just called the number on the side of the truck and explained the situation to the owner of the business. He thanked me and pretty much said this idiot may have just lost his job...(Apparently he wasn't supposed to drive that truck from Council Bluffs Iowa to Cass county Ne.) On top of that I got his name and passed it along to the landowners along with all the vehicle info. ;D There may have been a loud noise that made them leave really quick also. Some thing that goes boom. In a safe direction of course.
 But believe it or not it was still a blast.
 Jay, I agree with you. It is great when the kids go with. My daughter will be going with me in mid May as soon as her activities and finals are over for the year. I can't wait. She is a hell of a shot with the shotgun. How did the antiquing go?

I have no patience for people who trespass. Makes things hard on the rest of us.

Jay:
That sucks, coyotes have really made a come back around here the last few years, and trespassers have always been a problem. I know I look real hard at anyone driving around here without 20 county plates.

Kim and I were pulling out of the driveway this morning and 3 nice sized turkeys popped up out of the brush in the ditch just up from the driveway and mosied out into the field next to the house. They've been making a habit of crossing the road in the same place lately. Both kids will be back here next weekend so maybe one of them can scrounge us up some dinner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version