General Categories > Hunting and Fishing

turkey hunting

<< < (3/3)

ranger04:
Coyotes got my inlaws little house dog earlier in the year, FIL let the dog out to do her business and he being elderly forgot her, by then the coyotes got her. They found her in a field not too far from the house.

huskergun:
 A-fixer. You still had fun with your daughter though. That's what counts. Me and my daughter are trying to find time to get her out.
 Mouth calls----- Stick with Primos. That's all I use. There are some slate calls I believe that are out there that are not affected by water.

A-FIXER:
I'm going to get the primos mouth and yes had a great time with her, do you have a type or one you would get like the i'm not to famliar with'em but if memory serves me they were yelp. cluck  and other what would you go for...?

huskergun:
You can make a mouth call make almost any turkey sounds. Yelp, cluck, purr, etc.
I lost my best one today while I was out getting my 13 year old brother in law his first turkey, nice jake (strutted in from roughly 100 yards away with some hens, gobbled at my decoy and the boy shot it at 35 yards, what a rush that was).
I just started use this type this year so forgive but the name escapes me right now ( haven't had allot of sleep today). I'll get back with you.

RobertH:
hey,

i wanna go turkey hunting this year and i need to get a lot of supplies (cammo, calls, decoys, etc).  what do you suggest?  ill be hunting in NE nebraska.

also, got any used turkey stuff for sale?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version