< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Alex Jones vs. Piers Morgan on Gun Control  (Read 1535 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Alex Jones vs. Piers Morgan on Gun Control
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »
Now I know Alex is very passionate about what he believes and some of his statements make him sound like a crackpot. I know his methods aren't always conventional and many times he makes himself look like a fool but he has the right mindset. As far as the conspiracy talk is concerned I just don't know.

I do however believe that he is correct in regards to the drugs (anti-depressants) and their adverse effects.

nightraider717

Re: Alex Jones vs. Piers Morgan on Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:30:15 AM by nightraider717 »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »
i hated it.  he did a horrible job and looks like a lunatic.  i would have done a better job (so says the man behind the keyboard)

ETA: he let his emotions get out of control and he lost his temper.  his gibberish of stats did nothing to state his case.  i'm sure CNN loved his out bursts.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:39:07 PM by RobertH »
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
Watch Alex talk about what happened after the interview here

OR

Read about it here:

http://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-i-made-cnn-producer-cry/

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
He did to the commie what the commie does to any guest he doesn't agree with. How did Piers ever get as show in America?

Piers is loving this whole debacle, it has made him more famous than than he deserves.

Piers wants to use statistics as long as the statistics are on his side. The cultural makeup of the USA (rural area excluded) is not the same as England, or any Euopean nation for that matter.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
I don't think this interview would sway any fence sitters to our side of the fence.  Especially when he started talking about his conspiracy theory on the World Trade Center.  That put him in the same company as Rosie O'Donnell. 

As I have said before, Piers is a flipping idiot.  All he wanted to ask was what guns were used in the recent history of mass shootings.  This proves that AR-15s are dangerous as convincingly as five years with unusual temperatures proves the theory of human caused global warming. 

A more calm and less radical spokesperson could have won over a few people with a brain. I think it was more of a win for the other side though.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

A-FIXER

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »
He may have not sounded calm but he did get points from me as not allowing the piers type single out any type of point to prove their cause.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »
Peirs Morgan is a self-serving egotist  who lies and fakes evidence when it suits him.   He probably loves this gun debate because the Anti-Constitution people create tons of fake data.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3716151.stm
Editor sacked over 'hoax' photos

The Mirror board said Morgan would be stepping down immediately.  Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been sacked after the newspaper conceded photos of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi were fake.  In a statement the Mirror said it had fallen victim to a "calculated and malicious hoax" and that it would be "inappropriate" for Morgan to continue.

The Queen's Lancashire Regiment (QLR) said the Mirror had endangered British troops by running the pictures.   Roger Goodman, of the QLR, said the regiment now felt "vindicated".

Mr Goodman added: "It is just a great pity it has taken so long... and that so much damage has been done in the meantime."    The Daily Mirror... apologises unreservedly for publishing the pictures and deeply regrets the reputational damage done to the QLR and the Army in Iraq.

At a news conference in Preston on Friday afternoon, the regiment demonstrated to reporters aspects of uniform and equipment which it said proved the photographs were fake.

The regiment's Brigadier Geoff Sheldon said the vehicle featured in the photographs had been located in a Territorial Army base in Lancashire and had never been in Iraq.

The photos published in the Mirror on 1 May appeared to show British troops torturing an Iraqi detainee.

In one picture a soldier is seen urinating on a hooded man while in another the hooded man is being hit with a rifle in the groin.

Colonel Black, a former regiment commander of the QLR, said the pictures put lives in danger and acted as a "recruiting poster" for al-Qaeda.

Morgan  was unrepent after he  was fired, and he has NOT been held liable for any deaths those photos may have caused.

http://oregoncatalyst.com/21116-unrepentant-piers-morgan-fired.html

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:33:50 PM »
I must say that I enjoyed seeing Piers Morgan being shouted down by a pro RKBA person. That being said I don't think he did our cause any favors. He comes off as a crazy conspiracy theorist (which he is).

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »
Caught a bit of Morgan tonight (don't go looking for it but tripped over it again flipping channels).

Morgan persists on indicating AR-15 rifles are "Automatic" or are easily converted to automatic.
Morgan accepts that handguns are reasonble home defense (but condemns "semi-automatic"...so goes the pistols). He can't understand the need for individuals to posses semi-automatic rifles and large capacity magazines.

Hope on of his next guests can explain that handguns are not ideal home defense and how a rifle or shotgun with decent capacity would be not only realistic but proper.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »
for the love of all that is Good and Holy, will somebody please explain to me how a foreigner is setting the stage and fanning the flames for gun policy in the United States of America???

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

A-FIXER

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
for the love of all that is Good and Holy, will somebody please explain to me how a foreigner is setting the stage and fanning the flames for gun policy in the United States of America???

He plays the music the left - progressives, democrat, alike and they allow him assume the heat and pay him to speak on that commie cnn news channel.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »
The next night Morgan and three of his Liberal friends made a joke about using an AR-15 to "pop" Jones, then had a good laugh.  And we suspend 6 year old kids for making a "finger gun"?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »
I watched the interview, and personally I have mixed feelings.  I feel that one hand, he whipped Piers' butt.  Yet, I feel that his anger towards Piers went too far, and it showed. 

Righteous indignation.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Another video of Morgan after the Jones interview: One guest makes a comment about getting a legal aquired semi-automatic, getting in the ring with Jones and "popping" him. Bunch of smug hypocrites.

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/10/piers-morgan-chuckles-about-shooting-alex-jones-with-an-semi-auto/

nightraider717

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:29:50 AM by nightraider717 »