< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Did I hear that right?  (Read 9232 times)

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Did I hear that right?
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
Trolling (hopefully) won't get you far on this site.
and Like you've posted in a diffrent thread

Have you read everything that I've wrote in that post?  It would appear that you've missed some fairly pertinent humor in it.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
and Like you've posted in a diffrent thread

Have you read everything that I've wrote in that post?  It would appear that you've missed some fairly pertinent humor in it.

I did read everything you posted in this thread.  You've already taken a couple pot shots at 88 Tactical.  I fail to find humor in a statement like yours, above, in an already touchy thread.

I know several of the Signal 88/88 Tactical folks personally so perhaps I'm just a little more sensitive to attempts at humor mixed in with attacks on character.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
did read everything you posted in this thread.  You've already taken a couple pot shots at 88 Tactical.  I fail to find humor in a statement like yours, above, in an already touchy thread.

I know several of the Signal 88/88 Tactical folks personally so perhaps I'm just a little more sensitive to attempts at humor mixed in with attacks on character.

I'm sorry I didn't think it would be taken as other then Humorous or make people think about it
and As it was only my 2nd post about any thing to do with the Signal 88/88 Tactical folks I have to assume your problem isn't with me maybe taking shot at them

I had to reread the comments several times .....My humor was just trying to point out wondering what they would think if they were required to have the same sort of training mandated in order to be able to talk about it even.

My first post was just a statement of my initial feelings on the subject ....I didn't mean it as an attack per sey  but my second post was to be just that humor and how they might not understand why the words .....at the end of the 2nd amendment apply.
as for Gun safety training I've already posted several months ago saying i think it should be taught in schools Like reading writing and other general subjects.
Just for the FYI our kids need ....Maybe that would reduce Gun violence More than new laws. 

I do have to say that it doesn't seem to reflect on them very well that they have not responded to this issue here on the forum even once yet. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:31:25 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
When someone "Tap Dances" around an issue like 88 seems to be doing it generally means they are trying to play both sides against the middle.
-Gunscribe

This was the impression that I got.

Ashford wants mandatory training (among a great many other requirements - he seems to think that problems with people breaking laws can be fixed with more laws- he's tilting at windmills and running over us in the process, methinks).

Signal 88's guy seemed to be saying he was in agreement w/ Ashford....... when asked point blank, Yes or No, was that the case, he/they commenced to tap dancing.......

Either more Government requirements are OK, and needed (Ashford's position) and their answer is a YES, or .....

No additional Government requirements are OK (I think this is the position of the NFOA and the "coalition" of gun groups we signed on with- correct me if I'm wrong).....

It's one or the other, a Yes/No, Pass/Fail deal.

Training is a good thing, and I would like to get more when I can afford to do so ....... requiring further restrictions and further expenditures is just punishing the law abiding, and I won't have it.

Anybody in fundamental agreement with Brad Ashford's "Government is the Answer to Everything" is going to be in fundamental disagreement with me.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
I have been in contact with Mr. Thrashor and we have agreed to work on fighting any new attacks on the 2nd Amendment together, instead of attacking each other. 

He and I will be having a meeting in the near future to address each other's concerns and to find ways to move forward from this situation.  I will of course report back the results of the meeting.

Rick
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
Rick thanks for the update, and I am happy you are working this out.  Sometimes those with opinions that are close to ours just need to be educated I the reasons we hold ours so dear.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05:11 PM »
Here is my problem with 88Tactical's response, or lack thereof. 

With the recent tragic events, emotions are high on both sides of the fence.  The anti's have fodder for their cannon and are pulling at the heartstrings of the public.  We are not a compassionless group. As such, there are many levels that some gun owners may be willing to compromise on.  For example, a gun owner solely interested in trap/skeet or bird hunting may hear the threats of impending "Assault Weapon" or magazine capacity bans and think, "I'm okay with this because I will be allowed to keep my semi-automatic shotgun".  These people have the flawed logic which assumes that if we just accept one little restriction on our rights, the anti-gunners will be satisfied and it will all stop there.  Meanwhile, the restrictions which are put in place do nothing to solve the problem and another tragic event will happen.  Then starts the cry for the next brick to be removed from the foundation of the Second Amendment.

88 Tactical has a substantial presence in our community, and their representative stated that they would be accepting of legislation which moves us in the wrong direction.  After a request for clarification, it was followed by a refusal of another representative to answer a straightforward question.  I stated in another thread that Bill O'Reilly's willingness to accept anti 2A legislation is possibly more of a threat to our rights than the misinformation from an anti-gunner.  In the same manor, an established business who's success is strongly tied to firearms that makes a public statement accepting more restrictive legislation, is possibly more damaging to our cause than one that simply chooses not to voice their opinion.  I would not go so far as to accuse 88 Tactical of supporting such legislation so that they can line their pockets.  I do believe that Shawn and the others are passionate about what they do; however, you can start to lose perspective when you personally choose to immerse yourself so deeply into an activity.  The baseline for what an individual thinks is acceptable for the average Joe starts to move as their experience grows.

Ultimately, the problem is that such a lack of commitment to our cause from a well known business is very harmful to our group.  I agree that we need to band together, but how can the NFOA which has the sole purpose of protecting 2A rights fight a good fight when those who might be allies are already talking compromise?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »
I have been in contact with Mr. Thrashor and we have agreed to work on fighting any new attacks on the 2nd Amendment together, instead of attacking each other. 

He and I will be having a meeting in the near future to address each other's concerns and to find ways to move forward from this situation.  I will of course report back the results of the meeting.

Rick

Glad to hear it, Rick.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:38 PM »
Have the guys at 88 Tactical do a little research on Trevor Baucom - and then see if they want to blurt out stupid $&!% like "able bodied".