< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reply for Fortenberry  (Read 615 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Reply for Fortenberry
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »
i got Fortenberry's Fort Report.  i forgot to post this earlier.  sorry if this is a dupe thread.

"Thank you for sharing your heartfelt concerns about the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.  It is unthinkable that a person would kill innocent little children, with such cravenness and violence.

Shortly before Christmas, I gave a speech before the United States House of Representatives about the tragedy. I hope you will take the time to watch my speech. Please click here or on the photo below to watch :

As America continues to grieve and grapple with these issues, I want you to know how much I appreciate your input. "

video included in email: 

opinions??
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Reply for Fortenberry
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
I'm very glad to see that someone is trying to go for the underlying issues, instead of attacking the tools used in the crimes.  However, I'm not so sure about his point.  As a whole, as our population has increased our violent crime rates have been dropping per capita despite being bombarded with violent media... I'm not seeing a correlation there as he does.  However, it's difficult to say how such violent media could potentially affect those with mental illness as he stated. 

At the very least we have someone who is actually trying to find an answer instead of just caving in to illogical anti-gun emotions.