< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fort Calhoun Gun Show  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Fort Calhoun Gun Show
« on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »
Went to Ft. Calhoun gun show and the prices seem pretty much in line, some gauging but not that much.  Got there when it first open, and the first 30 min. was fine, then got a lot more crowded.  But did pick up some .223 ammo. 

The ammo I picked up was American Ammunition (company from Miami FL).  Never heard of it before, so did some research when I got home and found it was mostly bad (all handgun calibers).  Has anyone used it?  And if so, thoughts?  Thank you in advance.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Fort Calhoun Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
I went there this morning also.  Busier than I have ever seen it.  I didn't notice many ARs (imagine that).  The prices for Glock 17 magazines were a rip in my opinion.  $85, give me a break.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 07:24:38 PM »
Saw some USED Ruger 20 round mags for the low low price of $80.  And on the other hand saw some Black Hills ammo (red box) that was fairly cheap.

Guess I should of bought more WPA 7.62x39.

Offline 50cal

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:58:42 PM »
I was there, packed in pretty tight. I didnt see any notice for the capitol get together?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »
I've heard bad stuff about American Ammunition.  IIRC they had a problem with a bunch of overcharged ammo blowing up guns.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 01:49:23 AM »
Got stuck with some American 9mm ammo, total crap. Some of the bullets fell out of the cases when the cartridges were pulled from the styrofoam holder.  Better to do your research before than after the purchase.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 10:00:25 AM »
Pretty crazy there!!

I did, however, pick up a rather nice Marlin model 88 that someone had parkerized and nicely redone the stock.  It was done well enough that it looks like it could have been a factory job.

Oh, and I picked up a triangle-36 AK 75 round drum, new in the box for a c-note.   ;D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.