< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obtaining a CCW permit  (Read 721 times)

Offline Fr33Th1nK3r

• Forum Member
Obtaining a CCW permit
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:35:41 PM »
Hello guys and gals!  This is my first post and intend it not to be even close to my last.  I'm excited to be a part of this community!

I'm a complete noob when it comes to owning a firearm but not completely new to firearms in general.  I had very limited "training" when I was in the Air Force.  I also volunteered to perform security police duty on a few occasions while in the military.  That being said, I have a question regarding obtaining a ccw permit.  Here's my dilemma:

I don't have a firearm yet but I put one on layaway just yesterday and I intend on paying off the balance in the next few weeks.

I know that in Omaha (Douglas Co.), registering a firearm isn't required IF you obtain a ccw permit (I'm moving to Sarpy county in June where they don't require registering a firearm at all, so I'd rather not register in Omaha either). But how can I get a ccw permit if I don't get the registration which allows me to pick up the firearm from the vendor? Am I missing something?

I'm assuming that when I go to the Douglas Co. Sheriff's office I'm supposed to tell them that I won't be registering since I intend on getting the ccw permit.  But again, how can I pay off and obtain the firearm without the registration?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks for your time!

A-FIXER

Re: Obtaining a CCW permit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »
Weclome aboard and there will be some good people who will help you out I live in G.I. i'm no help but welcome

Offline Fr33Th1nK3r

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
Weclome aboard and there will be some good people who will help you out I live in G.I. i'm no help but welcome

Hey thanks for that!

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »
First, Welcome to the Forum!

Where are you located?

Do you have a Firearm Purchase Certificate?

If you are local to Omaha, and have the above "I'm not a felon card", borrowing a gun to take the  shooting portion of the class would not be impossible....... talk to the class instructor, maybe an arrangement can be made......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.