< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reasonable Article in the World Herald This Morning  (Read 1830 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Reasonable Article in the World Herald This Morning
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:07 AM »
I have personally recruited three thousand members, with help from Rick, Rempe, Jeremy and a few others, The corn-fed in this state care more about husker football than gun rights. It really turned me into a bitter person, trying to help some baffoon who didn't care.  I asked for more help three years ago, and very few helped out.

I applaud you for taking up this venture. We manned tables at every gun show, outdoor event, and NRA weekends at Cabelas. I've talked until my voice gave out more than once. It takes a lot of heart to do this, and if you need help, I'm willing to give you a hand!
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
My education and skills are in marketing. I can't say why something we've done did or didn't work because I wasn't a part of it. What I do know is that the people I inform about us haven't heard about the group. I've also never seen or heard any of our ads.

People are mad and focused right now. It seems to me that now is the time to be advertising like crazy. I'm imagining frustrated people in Omaha jumping on the phone and joining the NRA when they could be joining the NFOA.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:57:24 AM by NENick »

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »
My response is 2 fold: I will solicit (again) for members among my circle of friends & acquaintences. Second, I will donate a few more $$ to the NFOA.

I agree that some smart, targeted advertising now may be effective. I also have found virtually 0 awareness of the NFOA, even among those that care about such things.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud